Where are my External Links???

chaosdsmchaosdsm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 31, 2007 in SmugMug Support
First let me say I'm seriously HATING the changes to smugmug :(: so much so that I may go find somewhere else to take my pro account...

But my immediate problem is that I no longer have quick links for my photos to embed them off-site, i.e. in forum messages, in forum signatures, etc...

For example, I'm trying to embed this photo http://chaosdsm.smugmug.com/gallery/2414681#126625027 in a review I'm doing on the Ft Frasier Trail on my inline skating forum. There had always been a "links" thingy below the photos which I used to embed photos, but now it's gone :cry

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 31, 2007
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    chaosdsm wrote:
    First let me say I'm seriously HATING the changes to smugmug :(: so much so that I may go find somewhere else to take my pro account...
    Ouch, I'm sorry you are so upset!

As Devbobo has shown, your links are right there under the share button. Click that, and you'll see something new - email sharing, as well as your familiar "links" page. Once you click on the links page, we'll remember that as your preference and you won't have to click through to it again.

Now that that's covered, would you like to tell us what you don't like about the new release, so that we might be able to help you? Most stuff is easily changed, altered, modified, adjusted. I and our team will be happy to help you, all you've got to do is say the word.
  • chaosdsmchaosdsm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 31, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Ouch, I'm sorry you are so upset!

As Devbobo has shown, your links are right there under the share button. Click that, and you'll see something new - email sharing, as well as your familiar "links" page. Once you click on the links page, we'll remember that as your preference and you won't have to click through to it again.

Now that that's covered, would you like to tell us what you don't like about the new release, so that we might be able to help you? Most stuff is easily changed, altered, modified, adjusted. I and our team will be happy to help you, all you've got to do is say the word.

Ah, it's just not out front where it was....

I much preffered the previous look/functionality to the changes that have been made. My biggest gripe is that all the links/info is now hidden, along with the windows that open on top of my photos, it's counter-productive IMO. It wouldn't be so bad if I could change things to suit me using HTML but I'm not messing with CSS. Oh well, guess I'll have to get of my duff & get my website built...
    edited January 31, 2007
    chaosdsm wrote:
    It wouldn't be so bad if I could change things to suit me using HTML but I'm not messing with CSS. Oh well, guess I'll have to get of my duff & get my website built...
    We got overwhelming requests to make the page cleaner :) I will help you style your page if you wish, just holler thumb.gif
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    We got overwhelming requests to make the page cleaner :) I will help you style your page if you wish, just holler thumb.gif
    I don't see how this is cleaner... using your example, I can't even see the picture...

I know you can move the exif window around... but where can you move it? on top of the thumbs? on top of the pic (like your example), not enough room below for it... you can't put it to the right of the main pic, because it has to stay within the browser window, and when you make the browser window bigger, smugmug centers itself within it! It is very awkward to find a place to move the floating window.

If you just put the exif info to the right of the pic like you do in critique style (after hitting the exif button of course), that would be nice. also, If I could choose which exif data to show below the pic that would be nice as well (like it used to show what camera was used, etc)
    edited January 31, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    I don't see how this is cleaner...

You can put the photobar below the photo, if you wish, power and pro customers.

The exif box, once you move it where you wish, stays there, even if you open and close it.

BWG is working on some neat stuff with the exif box, hope to see it soon, no promises on if/when.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You can put the photobar below the photo, if you wish, power and pro customers..

I currently have the hack to display the photobar on the left... but I am concerned about the large amount of "smugmug code" I have copied and pasted into my customization screen that is no longer maintained by smugmug... If you guys change or fix any of this "hover" code, I won't know it... looking for a more permanent option...
    edited January 31, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    I currently have the hack to display the photobar on the left... but I am concerned about the large amount of "smugmug code" I have copied and pasted into my customization screen that is no longer maintained by smugmug... If you guys change or fix any of this "hover" code, I won't know it... looking for a more permanent option...
    As bwg has said, there will be OTHER options for the photobar, ones that we maintain. The first option available now is "bottom"