Options

My first photographic exhibition

vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited February 11, 2007 in People
I haven't been able to upload many photos or enter any challenges over the last few months due to technical issues (my pc died & I didn't have regular internet as I was working out of town).

Things have now been sorted out and I'm back up and running (hurrah!!) and I've managed to fulfil one of my goals for this year, namely that of holding an exhibition.

I've been in negotiation with my local library to hold a photographic exhibition in their foyer and I got confirmation of the dates yesterday. It starts next Thursday! So I'm busy sorting out what pics I want to put up and getting them printed, mounted and captioned. I'm really excited!

:clap:thumb:D:ivar
Nicola
Iconic Creative
http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
Raghu Rai

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    :ivarwings.gif

Very cool Congrats . Do share photos of Exhibition . I hope i was there to see :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Good on you! I wish you much success! I also would like to see photos from the exhibition.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Good for you!!! Wish I could see it.....perhaps you can take some shots of the exhibition and share? thumb.gif
  • Options
    SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Congrats as well and please share. Took a look at your site and you have some beautiful and creative photographs. Hope it is a success.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    I think I can only add to the congratulations :)
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Well its up now!
    Despite the huge snowfall (or 'blizzard' as it was described in the news) we had here in the uk (2-5cm - laughable or what), I managed to get to the library and install my exhibtion.

Several people stopped to look while I was mounting them on the display boards and 1 old man asked me why I had chosen a particular subject, namely this chap:

83846852-M.jpg

I commented that I thought it was a contrast because it was a jazz festival, but this guy was wearing a heavy rock cut off and a bowler hat!

He said that he didn't like it and neither did he like this one:

58788988-M-1.jpg

HHmm I can see a common element here!! He made the mistake of judging someone on how they looked.

However he was very taken with this one:
    116929000-M.jpg

likening it to a Rembrandt, with the lighting and the visual aspect to it.

I just said well its sll subjective isn't it really and thanked him for his comments. :D

On the back of this exhibition, there is now the possibilty of one at the local Art Gallery. I met the curator for that yesterday and he was very pleased with my work.

I'm also acting as a roving photograper for a local magazine and for the local newspaper, so things are beginning to develop, so I'm well chuffed!! wings.gif
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Nicola ! thumb.gif
    Congratulations for the exhibition and your good work.clap.gif
    Can we have a look at the exhibition itself ?
    :Dthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    Here ya go...
    Antonio, here's a pic of the exhibtion

128927688-M.jpg

The lighting isn't too wonderful but I've seen lots of people looking at the photos. The library was even open today (Sunday), which surprised me and there was someone checking out the pics when I took my mum in there today to see it.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative

Raghu Rai
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited February 11, 2007
    Congrats on the exhibition! It's a great opportunity for folks to see your
    work.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?