Buying Photos - General Question

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited February 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have the power user level account. What happens when someone clicks on the buy photo link and they actually order a photo that appears in one of my galleries? I assume the price is set and not configurable? (uness you upgrade to pro account?) What happens to the money they pay for the photo when buying from someone with a power user account?...does 100% of that money go to SmugMug?

I might have some inclination to upgrade to pro level here before long. Not only because of the pricing of prints for sale if I do sell anything, but also I'd like to finally stop people from snagging copies of my photos by right-clicking.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    I have the power user level account. What happens when someone clicks on the buy photo link and they actually order a photo that appears in one of my galleries? I assume the price is set and not configurable? (uness you upgrade to pro account?)
    Correct.
    What happens to the money they pay for the photo when buying from someone with a power user account?...does 100% of that money go to SmugMug?
    Yes.

I might have some inclination to upgrade to pro level here before long. Not only because of the pricing of prints for sale if I do sell anything, but also I'd like to finally stop people from snagging copies of my photos by right-clicking.
    Love to have you! When you do, if you have any questions, holler for us. Our team will get you going fast! Here's my fast start for pros:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/pro-start.mg

I hope this helps!
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Cool...thanks Andy. I do want to upgrade. Hopefully it will in the next few months.

There's no discount on upgrading from power user to pro is there? Just curious. Would it be a straight up $149.95 to go to Pro?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Cool...thanks Andy. I do want to upgrade. Hopefully it will in the next few months.

There's no discount on upgrading from power user to pro is there? Just curious. Would it be a straight up $149.95 to go to Pro?
    Your money paid to power account is applied to the pro subscription. So, if on Day 1 you paid $60 then you'd owe 90. We prorate from there, so if you have 6 months left on your subscription, you'd pay 45.
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Understood. That's more than fair.