Dgrin/Smugmug server issues?

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited February 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Curious to know if Dgrin and Smugmug is having issues. Couldn't load Dgrin at all - or if I was able to connect, couldn't go to any threads - timed out.

Even tried to get on the mIRC server for Dgrin - couldn't. And couldn't get on to my page momentarly yet any other site I tried worked flawlessly.

Gremlins so eaerly in the month?

Obviously things appear normal now.

Derek
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Curious to know if Dgrin and Smugmug is having issues. Couldn't load Dgrin at all - or if I was able to connect, couldn't go to any threads - timed out.

Even tried to get on the mIRC server for Dgrin - couldn't. And couldn't get on to my page momentarly yet any other site I tried worked flawlessly.

Gremlins so eaerly in the month?

Obviously things appear normal now.

Derek
    Hi, not that I'm aware of. If you can give more details (times, traceroutes) I'll try to help more.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, not that I'm aware of. If you can give more details (times, traceroutes) I'll try to help more.
    Couldn't give traceroutes as I didn't think of it. I would say approximately 8:00 to about 8:10 your time.

Dgrin was really slow to respond - it eventually loaded but when I went to click on a forum, or thread it wouldn't load. I would eventually time out.

I tried to load with FF2 and then IE6, but never could load Dgrin at all after the first (slow) loading (that one time was the only time I could load Dgrin)

I tried a few other non SM/Dgrin pages at random and they all loaded properly (fast), then tried my own page - it loaded eventually meaning nothing happened for 15-20 seconds (blank screen, but showing on the bottom of the browser that the browsers was trying to load), then the site loaded all at once.

I then tried Dgrin again, it was a little slow to respond, but then loaded up really fast all at once. (this is all clear as mud isn't it!)

Using FF2/IE6 - Dgrin wouldn't load, but all other sites loaded properly. My site as a test took a lot longer to show evidence that it was loading anything at all. After approx 5-10 mins of trying Dgrin, it then loaded properly after my ownsite eventually loaded.

I even tried mIRC - couldn't resolve server. I just tried it now, and it resolved the server in less than 1/2 a second.

Not much help - but maybe?

At first I thought it might be the set up here at work but every other site loaded properly and super fast.

I thought that maybe this might be related to the SM probs last week? First of the month sort of thing - table issues.

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."