CH 30 - My first triptych

RelocinRelocin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited January 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these pictures just last night.
coldcitynights.jpg

Comments

• aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    I definately like the amber color that the pics take on. I'm assuming it was caused by the lighting. The middle picture is neat, but seems to be lacking something. Maybe it is that I can't exactly figure out what the focus of the picture is. I like the idea, and would love to see you expand on it a little.
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Very nice...thumb.gif Looks cold. What your theme for this pic? I do like the amber look. It really adds to the shots. The only thing I have trouble with is the flow. I am not sure where this one is going, or what it's trying to say. But, I am new to this and I am still working out of the novice state.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    I like the shots. The white blur in the corner of the middle shot is distracting. I really like the first shot, and I'd like to see the last shot with an equivelent angle to mirror the first. I do think that you are on to something though. Good ideas.

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • RelocinRelocin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    Update
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I wasn't really satisfied with the center picture either so I changed it. As for the 3rd image, I just reversed it. I like it all a bit better now.
    I also added some text at the bottom, I'm not sure if I should keep that on or lose it.

coldcitynights2.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    The thing about it is, the original center image told the story. But I agree, it wasn't very will lit. Good thinking, I say.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Relocin wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I wasn't really satisfied with the center picture either so I changed it. As for the 3rd image, I just reversed it. I like it all a bit better now.
    I also added some text at the bottom, I'm not sure if I should keep that on or lose it.

coldcitynights2.jpg

I like the right-hand image the original way, because the lines in it were the opposite of the lines in the left image.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    I like the right-hand image the original way, because the lines in it were the opposite of the lines in the left image.
    I agree. The lighting in the original outside two seem to bring it together a little more.
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    I like this one a lot. You may want to try flipping the first one so that the two streets are leading to the park bench picture.

Relocin wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback.

coldcitynights2.jpg
  • RelocinRelocin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Updated again
    Okay thanks again for all your input.
    Now I just need to make a decision on which photo to use for the center. In the very first one, I did my best to get rid of the blur.
    I'm going to submit one of these into this months photo challenge..... when I make a decision on which one.

coldcitynights3.jpg

coldcitynights4.jpg
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I like the walking shot w/out the blur. Better than the tree shot, IMO.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    The walking picture, for sure! Nice job on removing the blur! I like it! clap.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com