Options

Ch 30 - first, possibly only, attempt

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited January 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have an idea for a sports themed one, but do not know if I have time to execute it.
For now - any redeeming value in this?
14305549-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    beebibibeebibi Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    I have an idea for a sports themed one, but do not know if I have time to execute it.
    Ann, nice idea and I like how you composed it - in the middle the examining of her shadow and opposing figures left and right ...

Maybe you try to fiddle around with the positioning of the title though, there might be better solutions then 'Me and My' on one side with 'Shadow' on the other ne_nau.gif

You know, of course, that the rules indicate that we can use 800 pixels on the longest side and max. 150 KB - so with that in mind you can go bigger and put your title underneath... it's maybe worth a try :D
    Cheers, Bee
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    I like the shots and theme, but I might try the title along the top or bottom, maybe in a brown to match the background. Just a thought. I do like the themethumb.gif
    -Mike
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    I like it. I could say this or that might improve it, things like all the same size. But my initial reaction was "that is wonderful". So that is what I am going to stick with.

I am not sure I agree with moving the type. Yours is unique. Just MHO.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Great shots. I like the shadow work. Wonderful idea. thumb.gif I wish I could do something like that with my dog... I think it would be difficult to see the pics due to his tounge on my lens. Dog spit :puke1 Anyway. Good job.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    beebibi wrote:
    Ann, nice idea and I like how you composed it - in the middle the examining of her shadow and opposing figures left and right ...

Maybe you try to fiddle around with the positioning of the title though, there might be better solutions then 'Me and My' on one side with 'Shadow' on the other ne_nau.gif

You know, of course, that the rules indicate that we can use 800 pixels on the longest side and max. 150 KB - so with that in mind you can go bigger and put your title underneath... it's maybe worth a try :D
    Thanks for the feedback - I will try changing the text - just realized there is still a week to go!
    ann
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    I like the shots and theme, but I might try the title along the top or bottom, maybe in a brown to match the background. Just a thought. I do like the themethumb.gif
    Thanks, Mike.
    ann
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I like it. I could say this or that might improve it, things like all the same size. But my initial reaction was "that is wonderful". So that is what I am going to stick with.

I am not sure I agree with moving the type. Yours is unique. Just MHO.

ginger
    Hehe - good first impressions are so importantmwink.gif

Thanks, ginger (and by the way, that cat is named ginger!)

ann
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Great shots. I like the shadow work. Wonderful idea. thumb.gif I wish I could do something like that with my dog... I think it would be difficult to see the pics due to his tounge on my lens. Dog spit :puke1 Anyway. Good job.

peace.
    johno~
    Don't I know it - every time my dog sees the camera, he moves right on up to the lens.

ann
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Don't I know it - every time my dog sees the camera, he moves right on up to the lens.

ann
    mine used to do that too....its amazing what the powers of a tastey treat can get him to do though.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    14305549-L.jpg

I would recommend swapping the left and right images. Have the cats looking into the image, not out of each side.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    I was also wondering what it might look like with the outside photos switched, but then it wouldn't flow with the cats natural movements...So I'm really not sure if I would change it at allheadscratch.gif . Sorry I'm not much help, I do like your idea though!thumb.gif
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I like the affect of having the cat looking away in all of the pictures. I wouldn't change a thing. :D
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2005
    merc, jenny, judy

I lost track of this post! sorry!

I believe that judy was able to verbalize why I chose the order that I placed the photos - I often cannot put these things into words for my own stuff. Guess I should try 'critiquing' more!ne_nau.gif

Thanks

ann