Play me a song..

FotoPhocusFotoPhocus Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited February 3, 2007 in Holy Macro
I'm trying hard to work on seeing extraordinary shots in ordinary situations, and I'm happy with this shot turned out. It's our Roland electric piano.

Play_me_a_song____by_collidgegraduit.jpg
“You don't take a photograph, you make it.”
- Ansel Adams

Nikon D40
Nikon Coolpix P80

Comments

• aliciahexaliciahex Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 2, 2007
    i love all piano photos. its nice! :)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    FotoPhocus wrote:
    I'm trying hard to work on seeing extraordinary shots in ordinary situations, and I'm happy with this shot turned out. It's our Roland electric piano.

Hi there FotoPhocus, I like the DOF you've used for this shot, draws your eyes into the middle of the keyboard :D

Very nice shot ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • FotoPhocusFotoPhocus Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there FotoPhocus, I like the DOF you've used for this shot, draws your eyes into the middle of the keyboard :D

Very nice shot ... Skippy
    Thanks :D I feel like I'm finally successfully branching out beyond my nature photography.

One thing on that shot that I'm just noticing, is the little bit of red felt showing at the top of the keys. I tried so hard to make sure I didn't get it in the shot, but I think that little bit of color adds to the shot.

I think with a white matte and a thin black frame, this one might make it on my wall :ivar
    “You don't take a photograph, you make it.”
    - Ansel Adams

Nikon D40
    Nikon Coolpix P80
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    very nice i liked it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    FotoPhocus wrote:
    One thing on that shot that I'm just noticing, is the little bit of red felt showing at the top of the keys. I tried so hard to make sure I didn't get it in the shot, but I think that little bit of color adds to the shot.

That's really the only thing that's bothering me about this shot - if its easy to reshoot, find a way to make it more apparent in the frame to help pop those keys off the backboard, or find a way to lose them entirely. But certainly a good shot, nonetheless.
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    ***singing*** Strangers in the night...biggrinbounce2.gif