getting in to my domain

twinsrustwinsrus Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited February 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My mom went to look at my domain and for some reason, when she types it is, it sounds like she is going straight into this forum. Does that sound right? I thought it was just hat she was typing in the wrong domain, but she insists that she is typing it in as it appears on my signature line. She said she sees messages and my dgrin user name when she goes to the site. Thought I would ask if anyone else has heard this from anybody.

I got my domain through Godaddy, and it is pointing to SmugMug. I can't get it to do what she says it does. Of course, it may be user error too :D.

Thanks!
Dick Fotoples
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 2, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:
    My mom went to look at my domain and for some reason, when she types it is, it sounds like she is going straight into this forum. Does that sound right? I thought it was just hat she was typing in the wrong domain, but she insists that she is typing it in as it appears on my signature line. She said she sees messages and my dgrin user name when she goes to the site. Thought I would ask if anyone else has heard this from anybody.

I got my domain through Godaddy, and it is pointing to SmugMug. I can't get it to do what she says it does. Of course, it may be user error too :D.

Thanks!

Hi,

Typing in your domain takes me to your SmugMug site, as it should. Clicking on your signature link also takes me to your SmugMug site. I wonder ... has she visited DGrin before? If she is typing in the domain from your signature, and starts typing http://www.d ... auto-complete in the address bar might bring up dgrin first and then she is just clicking go or enter, which would bring her here.

I don't know, just thinking out loud really :D
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:

Thanks!
    Your mom is typing in your domain into google, and clicking on one of the links.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=www.dandrphotography.com&btnG=Google+Search

just show her what the "address bar" is in the browser :)