*Challenge 30 - Aero-nut*

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited January 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am still trying to find ideas for this challenge. Tried a few things today and ended up with this. I'm not too happy with it, but I figure it's my first try. Please feel free to critique. Thanks.

14319197-L.jpg

And for those that watched Sesame Street as a kid....."One of these things...is not like the other...." :D

Comments

• judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Hi Aero-nut,

Great idea!! You may want to try swapping the location of the last two.
    -judy
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    And for those that watched Sesame Street as a kid....."One of these things...is not like the other...." :D
    Aeronut, I like it, very cool shots!

the only problem I have is now I have that stupid Sesame street song stuck in my head :D
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    Aeronut, I like it, very cool shots!

the only problem I have is now I have that stupid Sesame street song stuck in my head :D
    DITTO...THANKS! umph.gif

I like the idea, but the photos aren't really striking to me. ne_nau.gif Maybe get a sundial in there or something?
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I've got the song stuck in my head now too. Doh.

I will try swapping the photos like you suggested...maybe it will help the symmetry.

The photos themselves didn't strike me either. I'll have to keep my eyes open for other opportunities.
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    I like how the first two photos share curves and composition, but the third photo feels out of place. It made me think of a "what if" - What if you did three pictures that shared angles and strong lines / curves, maybe even color, but were of completely different subjects. Or maybe I'll do that. :)

I agree that the pictures themselves aren't that strong, but I do think the first two side by side are more interesting together than apart, which is probably an important part of this challenge. Does that make sense?
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
    edited January 17, 2005
    Ok, tried a few changes.... Not sure to go with the B&W or color...

14327931-L.jpg

14327932-L.jpg
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:

14327931-L.jpg

14327932-L.jpg
    This looks good. I like the b&w version. There really isn't much color in them anyway, and the two colors of gold is a little distracting I think. Good idea going with all analog time. thumb.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    The B&W looks good for the two right images, not so sure about the golden one.

More than anything, 'nut, I'm wondering about the story you're telling. In my mind (rightly or wrongly) the center image should be the lynchpin for the two wing images. So as I look at yours, each image is very nice, but i'm wondering what the story is.

Could just be me, so if you think I'm off base, please ignore.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 17, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    The B&W looks good for the two right images, not so sure about the golden one.

More than anything, 'nut, I'm wondering about the story you're telling. In my mind (rightly or wrongly) the center image should be the lynchpin for the two wing images. So as I look at yours, each image is very nice, but i'm wondering what the story is.

Could just be me, so if you think I'm off base, please ignore.
    No, I agree. That's one of the things that's been bothering me about this one. It my first experiment with the triptych style, but really is no more then a collection of three photos of time pieces. I'm still looking for the right subject that does tell a story or focuses on the center piece. Oh well, at least I know how I'm going to implement it in photoshop now. :D
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:

14327931-L.jpg

14327932-L.jpg

The black and white is definitely better! How about if each watch was set to the same time? Or, if time increased from left to right, maybe an hour each picture, or ten minutes, etc.?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    When it was/is a wolf, it doesn't have to be a story!

I disagree on that, though I do think the center should be The Center, special. Or something. And with that wolf in there, all those cute children, well, gotta be a tough subject.

I don't know how to make us go WOW about the watches, or go oooooh, or care, actually........ that is what makes these things, IMO.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.