Options

# 83 A couple of ideas. Either say NUMBERS to anyone?

salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
edited February 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Do either of these work for anybody? #1

Strength in Numbers
Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2, 2007
    #2 Food for Thought
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    Neat photos, but neither says "numbers" to me. In the first one, the numbers are incidental to the subject of the photograph, which would have the same impact and interest without them. In the second, there is just too much else going on for the viewer to even think about the numbers unless directed to do so. I hope you'll keep trying, though, since you come up with such interesting entries!!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Hi Salazar!!

I like the picture you entered. thumb.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Hi Virginia, Thanks for your help and input. I finished fooling around with the one I did enter late last evening so I didn't have time to put it up for comment. I'm new to PhotoShop so it took me a while to get it the way I wanted it. I really would have rathered reshoot it after I had a better idea where I was going with it but there wasn't time. Oh well, we'll see if it stands on its own.

Ken H. (Salazar)

PS. It's also a self portrait. The self timer was set at 30 seconds so that's me in there, the red blur...
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    Hi Virginia, Thanks for your help and input. I finished fooling around with the one I did enter late last evening so I didn't have time to put it up for comment. I'm new to PhotoShop so it took me a while to get it the way I wanted it. I really would have rathered reshoot it after I had a better idea where I was going with it but there wasn't time. Oh well, we'll see if it stands on its own.

Ken H. (Salazar)

And a wonderful entry it is. Though I wonder if folks that didn't spend 5 years in front of a very similar board like I have will get it. In any case, I hope you break a leg and make it into the finals! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/