Options

Hack Request...

Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
I am wanting a way to co-brand my Smugmug communities to have them look like my website, BUT, keep the look of each gallery owners page intact on their website.

When you add a gallery to a co-branded community, your gallery on your website takes on the look of the community owners customization.

This looks crazy when you are on someones website and click on a gallery and the whole look of it changes.
It also confuses the viewers of the website.

Please help.

P.S.
Also, if anyone can figure out how to flip flop the dates on the "recent gallery" script so your most recent pics show up first, you would be my hero!

Comments

• Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    P.S.
    Also, if anyone can figure out how to flip flop the dates on the "recent gallery" script so your most recent pics show up first, you would be my hero!

It would be awesome of someone could at least reply to this issue. I have yet to see anyone mention the reversal of the recent gallery except for people like Ryan - and myself - asking about it.

Isn't there anyone out there that has any ideas how to do this? Can it be done? Is there anyone working on it? Is there a fix that no one has seen yet? (I know I haven't)

I'd hate to actaully beg...unless it would help mwink.gif

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    I am wanting a way to co-brand my Smugmug communities to have them look like my website, BUT, keep the look of each gallery owners page intact on their website.

When you add a gallery to a co-branded community, your gallery on your website takes on the look of the community owners customization.

This looks crazy when you are on someones website and click on a gallery and the whole look of it changes.
    It also confuses the viewers of the website.

Please help.

P.S.
    Can't be done, sorry.
  • Options
    JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    If I were to guess
    If I were to guess about the recent galleries, I'd say it's because of the serverside implications. When I do a search, it seems to search at the Gallery Level prior to continuing to the Image level, and therefore, would require them to re-code the entire way that it searches.

Similarly to control the CSS code of the page would be tricky (To eliminate the Gallery Results) - Since the search query seems to dictate the production of the results page.

Add it to a features Request? (Maybe one day when their re-writing the universe they would consider including this functionality)
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters
  • Options
    Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Jamoke wrote:
    If I were to guess about the recent galleries, I'd say it's because of the serverside implications. When I do a search, it seems to search at the Gallery Level prior to continuing to the Image level, and therefore, would require them to re-code the entire way that it searches.

Similarly to control the CSS code of the page would be tricky (To eliminate the Gallery Results) - Since the search query seems to dictate the production of the results page.

Add it to a features Request? (Maybe one day when their re-writing the universe they would consider including this functionality)

Man, this sucks, AND makes no sence why they would do it this way in the first place.