Options

Sales Notification Email

digitalbilldigitalbill Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
I just noticed my last two sales failed to generate an email letting me know someone bought something. Did i hose up something on my site again or is there a problem somewhere? Or does the customer have the capability to opt out of notification? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    I just noticed my last two sales failed to generate an email letting me know someone bought something. Did i hose up something on my site again or is there a problem somewhere? Or does the customer have the capability to opt out of notification? Thanks.
    Hi Bill,

Please verify your spam settings, your email address. The pro emails are coming through just fine for me. I just validated again, with an order from my own pro site. No, the customer can't opt out of you being notified :D
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Bill,

Please verify your spam settings, your email address. The pro emails are coming through just fine for me. I just validated again, with an order from my own pro site. No, the customer can't opt out of you being notified :D

I verified my email address. and there is nothing in my SPAM/Bulk mail folders.

Nothing else has changed in the last few days on my configs. I just stopped getting notifications?
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    I verified my email address. and there is nothing in my SPAM/Bulk mail folders.

Nothing else has changed in the last few days on my configs. I just stopped getting notifications?
    No, they are coming, I verified it. Something's happening at your end to either block them or discard. Can you check that?
  • Options
    GeorgeTGeorgeT Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Bill,
    Edwardsville has a hockey team???? I guess the only time I visited the campus was when I was doing some transmitter work for WSIE many years ago... Keep up the good work. I'll bet that your spam filter settings changed.
    George
    SIUC Alum
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Bill,

Curiously- who is your email provider? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    OK.. my provider is godaddy. I have a couple domains there but my primary is the one in ACCOUONT SETTINGS. Is that the address the notifications get sent to? I have repeatedly checked that box for SPAM and nothing on my web mail BULK mail folder. And i am getting all other mail there. I also have a forwarded mail address for info@customsportphotos.com that is delivered to that mailbox as well and i have tested it with no problems. I am baffled here. I also have bill@customsportphotos.com that i use to correspond with customes. Again, no SPAM there.

I got another transaction today with no notice also. The good news of course is that i've now paid for the next SEVEN years. i really should start advertising :p weeeeeee thumb.gif

Thanks for help in this matter.
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    GeorgeT wrote:
    Bill,
    Edwardsville has a hockey team???? I guess the only time I visited the campus was when I was doing some transmitter work for WSIE many years ago... Keep up the good work. I'll bet that your spam filter settings changed.
    George
    SIUC Alum

Yes George, they actually have a fabulous team - 4 division championships in a row..make that 5..undefeated this year in Division play. Regionals in 2 weeks. Lets wish them luck. You can see thier website at www.siuehockey.com (oh, my son's a freshman on the team this year, so i will be shooting the for a while)

bill
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    OK.. my provider is godaddy. I have a couple domains there but my primary is the one in ACCOUONT SETTINGS. Is that the address the notifications get sent to?

nod.gif
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    nod.gif

Well, i have no problems getting any other mailat that account and again.. nothing in the BULK MAIL/SPAM containers? Any other suggestions? Can you manually send me a message to that address from smugmug just so i can check this out. thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Well, i have no problems getting any other mailat that account and again.. nothing in the BULK MAIL/SPAM containers? Any other suggestions? Can you manually send me a message to that address from smugmug just so i can check this out. thanks.

Andy.. I am still not geting mail there? Can you possibly send me an email manually to see if i am getting anything frm the SMUGMUG domain? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Sent.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    We are looking into this now, more deeply. It appears that affected customers are using Godaddy for email, and they are blocking our mails.

Stay tuned.
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Hello from across the River. Send me the email address that you should be getting the email from Smugmug on and I'll send several test emails from different accounts that I have. I'm getting emails from smugmug with no problem. I'll try to help you out.

It could be Global Warming! headscratch.gif

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    I had a simliar issue w/ comcast. They were blocking my e-mail forwarding from Joker... I switched to have it forwarded to a g-mail account instead. No more issues...
  • Options
    DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    We are looking into this now, more deeply. It appears that affected customers are using Godaddy for email, and they are blocking our mails.

Stay tuned.

Since I also use godaddy, I checked my sales since it was a quiet week....and I am having the same problem, no e-mails coming through to me and I had a number of sales I didn't catchheadscratch.gif Last e-mail I recieved from smugmug was 1/26/07 on a sale.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Since I also use godaddy, I checked my sales since it was a quiet week....and I am having the same problem, no e-mails coming through to me and I had a number of sales I didn't catchheadscratch.gif Last e-mail I received from smugmug was 1/26/07 on a sale.

Any progress on this issue? I prefer to send out prompt e-mails to my customers when I receive a sale so the e-mail from smugmug is a time saver for me. I know I can check in my control panel for sales, but that is not particularly convenient.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Any progress on this issue? I prefer to send out prompt e-mails to my customers when I receive a sale so the e-mail from smugmug is a time saver for me. I know I can check in my control panel for sales, but that is not particularly convenient.
    We are doing everything in our power to overcome the roadblock that Godaddy has put in place. But we don't have a fix yet. It's squarely Godaddy's issue, but we're trying some things. I'll keep you posted, I promise.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    We are doing everything in our power to overcome the roadblock that Godaddy has put in place. But we don't have a fix yet. It's squarely Godaddy's issue, but we're trying some things. I'll keep you posted, I promise.

Wow, thanks Andy, a phone call to my partner, we really appreciate all the great service you are giving us. I know there have been a few disgruntled customers out there by my reading a few of the posts lately, but don't count us as one of them. I can't say enough how great you have been to deal with. clap.gif

THANK YOU!
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Wow, thanks Andy, a phone call to my partner, we really appreciate all the great service you are giving us. I know there have been a few disgruntled customers out there by my reading a few of the posts lately, but don't count us as one of them. I can't say enough how great you have been to deal with. clap.gif

THANK YOU!
    :D Kathy was great. We just ran a little test, and we think we have a fix, it's still only on our internal servers but I've reported the positive test results to our engineers. Thanks to both of you for your help!

I hope we can get the fix to the live site fast. I'll report when we do. Wireless (Andrew) to the RESCUE!
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    :D Kathy was great. We just ran a little test, and we think we have a fix, it's still only on our internal servers but I've reported the positive test results to our engineers. Thanks to both of you for your help!

I hope we can get the fix to the live site fast. I'll report when we do. Wireless (Andrew) to the RESCUE!

SmugMug pwns Godaddy. Email blockade busted. You all should be able to receive your pro sales emails now.

Our Director of Ops, Andrew (aka Wireless) saved the day.

Thanks all for your patience and understanding while we overcame this obstacle!

clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    SmugMug pwns Godaddy. Email blockade busted. You all should be able to receive your pro sales emails now.

Our Director of Ops, Andrew (aka Wireless) saved the day.

Thanks all for your patience and understanding while we overcame this obstacle!

clap.gifclap.gif

Once again this is why Smugmug will continue to be the best, in the last three weeks every problem we have had has been dealt with promptly, efficiently and with the utmost customer care. I hope I am doing as good a job with my customers. Thanks Andy, Andrew, Barb, and all the folks at operations, help desk, and office staff.

I honestly can't imagine getting this type of care with a company that has...what is it I just saw...120,000 customers? Our business continues with hardly a hiccup because you guys are doing a first rate job. Thanks again.clap.gifclap.gif

Dan and Kathy
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Options
    bspeaksbspeaks Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Amazing synchronicity. I experienced a variation of the problem two days ago on email invites that I sent to my Godaddy acounts. Contacted Godaddy yesterday and they told me to select an option under their account management list to accept non-Western (Latin) Messages.
    Changing it to yes last night appeared to fix the problem. Of course I am not certain when you applied the fix, or if the fix was related to this Godaddy option, but this morning I turned the option back to off and emails got through.

This raises another question, does Smugmug provide a bounce indicator? I have tried invites with a bad account names (using my domain:D )and do not receive an indication of delivery failure. Is ther some other place other than the control panel where email stats/info shows up?

Thanks for the Magnificient Support!!!

Bill

Under construction....

rumifan.smugmug.com
    The breeze at dawn has secrets to share. Don't go back to sleep. Rumi

www.speaksimages.com
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    bspeaks wrote:
    This raises another question, does Smugmug provide a bounce indicator?

No, we don't have that, sorry :(
  • Options
    dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    Sales Email Notifications have stopped?
    I don't know why, but I haven't received any emails for at least a month when I make a sale on my site...I haven't changed anything concerning my email client server. I haven't changed my email setup, and I used to receive them just fine. Any ideas?ne_nau.gif Thanks.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    I don't know why, but I haven't received any emails for at least a month when I make a sale on my site...I haven't changed anything concerning my email client server. I haven't changed my email setup, and I used to receive them just fine. Any ideas?ne_nau.gif Thanks.
    They haven't stopped... who is your mail service provider please?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    They haven't stopped... who is your mail service provider please?

Actually I'm using my site host, StartLogic.com...could it be they're blocking the IP address all of the sudden, I was receiving these emails before, since using them for my email server?
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    Actually I'm using my site host, StartLogic.com...could it be they're blocking the IP address all of the sudden, I was receiving these emails before, since using them for my email server?
    Could be, we had an issue with Godaddy domains, but we fixed that...

Let us know.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Could be, we had an issue with Godaddy domains, but we fixed that...

Let us know.

Andy...Thanks...I didn't even receive an email from your response to my previous post...I guess I'll have to wait for a reply to my ticket I submitted to see whether my host is blocking the IP address of both smugmug.com and dgrin.com. They are usually pretty good with tech support questions...have been checking on this status for 4 days now. Why would I be receiving everything from both sites just fine then all of a sudden stop...I checked spam filters, McAfee settings, etc...this has me perplexed. headscratch.gif
    Spoke to Tech support at my provider, they said it is probably with my McAfee software since I am receiving email into their servers (viewable in webmail). I receive automatic updates thru McAfee so maybe something got installed and is causing this??
    Dave

• Options
    edited February 18, 2007
    No Sales emails here either?

Did you ever get a resolution to not receiving sales email notices? I am having the same problem, my spam filters are off, etc. I am having similar issue with receiving emails for posts on this forum, albeit I am getting them (since this AM anyway) into my webmail now (which hasn't been the case for a couple months). My provider says it is most likely an issue with my McAfee software; auto updates for this software might be the culprit.
    Dave

• Options
    edited February 18, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    Did you ever get a resolution to not receiving sales email notices? I am having the same problem, my spam filters are off, etc. I am having similar issue with receiving emails for posts on this forum, albeit I am getting them (since this AM anyway) into my webmail now (which hasn't been the case for a couple months). My provider says it is most likely an issue with my McAfee software; auto updates for this software might be the culprit.
    Notifications are coming. There WAS a Godaddy-caused problem, if your email was hosted by Godaddy. But we put in a work-around, so that's resolved thumb.gif

Who is the email provider for your email again please...