Options

Backprint issues

AgandAuAgandAu Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 4, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have been writing to smugmug for months, literally, about back printing and I can't seem to get an answer so I thought I would try here and see what anyone can tell me about their own experiences.
SMUGDATETAKEN is supposed to be displayed as mm/dd/yyyy right? If that is the case then with 40 characters I have plenty of room for my email address and the date taken. I was so excited. The only problem is when I get my prints. Date taken is displayed in a totally different format with time included. It makes the line too long and the information gets cut off. Mine look like this. 7-04_14:12:13_PhotosbyDiane@XXXXXX. (that picture was taken July 4, 2006) Is it something I can fix? Anyone have the same issue, I can't be the only one? I have a Canon Rebel XT.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    AgandAu wrote:
    I have been writing to smugmug for months, literally, about back printing and I can't seem to get an answer

Would you please PM me the email address from which you have been writing us at the help desk? I would like to see the history.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    AgandAu wrote:
    I have been writing to smugmug for months, literally, about back printing and I can't seem to get an answer so I thought I would try here and see what anyone can tell me about their own experiences.
    SMUGDATETAKEN is supposed to be displayed as mm/dd/yyyy right? If that is the case then with 40 characters I have plenty of room for my email address and the date taken. I was so excited. The only problem is when I get my prints. Date taken is displayed in a totally different format with time included. It makes the line too long and the information gets cut off. Mine look like this. 7-04_14:12:13_PhotosbyDiane@XXXXXX. (that picture was taken July 4, 2006) Is it something I can fix? Anyone have the same issue, I can't be the only one? I have a Canon Rebel XT.
    Hi and welcome. May I please have your SmugMug account so I can help you? I'll be back to you in this thread, no worries.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Sure, thanks for your help, My site is Deyoe.smugmug.com.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Would you please PM me the email address from which you have been writing us at the help desk? I would like to see the history.
    Ok Diane, I found email trail, standby.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Diane,
    Our records show we've answered all your emails. I know you do not like the answer -- but we don't have any more to tell you than this:

Backprinting is limited to 40 characters.
    SMUGDATETAKEN is showing up with 2006-09-29 19:44:05 the time, too, (yeah,it's unnecessary but I don't know if it can be without the time...)

Your email address is very long, and it's adding to the character count.

I'll ask one more time if the SMUGDATETAKEN can be delivered to the backprinting without the time. This would help the situation.

You are right though, it's not clear in our help page http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-backprinting that the time is part of SMUGDATETAKEN and so I'm going to do something about this!

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Well I guess that is partly why it is so confusing, and I had talked about that in the E-Mails, the example shows the date in a totally different format than what I was getting. I felt like I was the only one having this issue and was hoping it was a setting I could fix on my camera or on my site. Even though my E-mails were answered I was hoping that when they said "we will check with our project manager" I was still hoping for information to clear it up. At least now I know it isn't just my account.