Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro - another convert

kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
edited February 8, 2007 in Cameras
Wow... I love this lens, and I've only had it 11 hours. :D

Fiddling around with it in the cold in the front of the house I got these test shots. Can't wait to get some portraits, and real macro work with it.

127500291-M.jpg

127500314-M.jpg

127500344-M.jpg

Well built, great counter-balance to the D200 body. Focus limiter switch is large and easy to get to. Same goes for the AF/MF control. Instead of sliding a switch, you push the focus ring forward to lock into AF, or pull it back to lock into MF. I've found it to be a more graceful motion then the Nikkor mini-switch on the lens.

DOF effects are great on this lens, and it's very very sharp - so much that it seems to really bring out the colors and details.

Only gripe is that it hunts a bit on focus - but not all the time. Most times is very fast - I haven't been able to figure out what causes the confusion - but I don't anticipate too much of an issue.

I had an old tank-like 85mm Macro for my Minolta film rig that I loved and this lens seems to be made from the same expectations.
--Kres

Comments

• kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    Check out this 1:1 view of the dead leaf at the bottom of image 2 - Really, I'm in love. iloveyou.gif

127505911-M.jpg
    --Kres
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    have you tried it in portraiture yet? i'm thinking about picking up this lens as well and was wondering how it performed indoors? thx!
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto