Options

Two programming questions using the API

gymshotsgymshots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
Question #1:

Does anybody know how to specify WHICH custom watermark to use when creating an album using the smugmug API? I see from the wiki pages, that createAlbum() takes a set of properties. one of the properties is a boolean that says to use a watermark or not, but how do you specify which ONE to use when you create the album???

Presently, I use rutt's sm_tool.py to do the full_update and create the albums using python. The API I use is the createAlbum(self.session,name,category,properties).

Question #2:

Does anybody know a way to set the custom pro pricing at the time of album creation? or even afterwards with the changeSettings API? I just don't see this documented anywhere......

I guess another way to do it would be if I could create a template with the custom watermark and pricing, and then use that template when I create the album.....but I don't see that as an option in the API, either.

presently, I use the bulk setting for the custom pro pricing which is a help, but still just one more thing that I need to do, manually.

thanks for the help!
Susan Jones
www.gymshots.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 4, 2007
    Hi Susan.

Unfortunately, neither of these are supported by the API at the moment.

The watermarks stuff is fairly new...and to be able to set it, will require some sort of method to the retrieve the available watermarks.

The Pro Pricing stuff has been on a few peoples wishlist for some time.

Both are good suggestions that I would like to see implemented, can't promise when they will be done....but i would imagine that they will some stage.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    gymshotsgymshots Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    rats...
    thanks..... I was afraid that was the answer....:D

devbobo wrote:
    Hi Susan.

Unfortunately, neither of these are supported by the API at the moment.

The watermarks stuff is fairly new...and to be able to set it, will require some sort of method to the retrieve the available watermarks.

The Pro Pricing stuff has been on a few peoples wishlist for some time.

Both are good suggestions that I would like to see implemented, can't promise when they will be done....but i would imagine that they will some stage.

Cheers,

David