Goal!

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited February 8, 2007 in Sports
Yet more hockey shots from the weekend. As much as I enjoy hockey, I'm really looking forward to lacrosse starting up; if for no other reason than the improved lighting!

(Click on the images for EXIF)

Look carefully and you can see what everyone is looking at . . .

127549447-L.jpg

127548815-L.jpg

127549159-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    Nice action in these, keep them coming
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • risourcerisource Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    KMCC wrote:
    Yet more hockey shots from the weekend. As much as I enjoy hockey, I'm really looking forward to lacrosse starting up; if for no other reason than the improved lighting!

(Click on the images for EXIF)

Look carefully and you can see what everyone is looking at . . .

127548815-L.jpg

127549159-L.jpg

Given the shadows your players cast against the boards, your lighting is excellent compared to ours!
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    risource wrote:
    Given the shadows your players cast against the boards, your lighting is excellent compared to ours!
    I guess I'll take some solace in knowing that there are rinks out there which are dimmer than the ones that I shoot in! :D

I don't normally photograph games at this particular rink, but I was asked to take some shots during a tournamennt held there last weekend. The lighting at this rink wasn't only dim, but gave everything a odd pinkish tint. I got most of it out, but I'll be glad to get back to the old home rink where I understand the lighting better.

Kent
    Web site
  • magicpicmagicpic Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    KMCC wrote:
    I guess I'll take some solace in knowing that there are rinks out there which are dimmer than the ones that I shoot in! :D

I don't normally photograph games at this particular rink, but I was asked to take some shots during a tournamennt held there last weekend. The lighting at this rink wasn't only dim, but gave everything a odd pinkish tint. I got most of it out, but I'll be glad to get back to the old home rink where I understand the lighting better.

Did you use a noise reduction on these photos..thanks janis
    (2) Canon 20d, (1) canon 30d, 70-200is 2.8, tamron 17-50,canon 50mm 1.4
    http://www.photographybywidget.com
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Very nice, Kent. Those at the Cooler? If you want to do more, I've got some friends who I'm sure would love pix of their kids who play (there and up the highway at SlapShots, I think).
    edited February 8, 2007
    magicpic wrote:
    Did you use a noise reduction on these photos..thanks janis
    Yes, these were all processed using Noiseware Standard at the weak noise reduction setting.

Kent
    Web site
    edited February 8, 2007
    StevenV wrote:
    Very nice, Kent. Those at the Cooler? If you want to do more, I've got some friends who I'm sure would love pix of their kids who play (there and up the highway at SlapShots, I think).
    Long time, no hear. These were taken at the MIC (Marietta Ice Center). The Cooler is where I can normally be found when the teams are in town.

Are you going to be at Milton for the lacrosse game this weekend; or is that next weekend? I'm planning on going down to Georgia Tech and shooting their lacrosse game with Presbyterian College on Saturday afternoon.

Kent
    Web site
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    I don't know Milton's schedule, thought it's a bit early - I thought try-outs were just last week. I will be at Kennesaw for my (GC&SU) son's game on Sunday though.