Multiple gallery upload?

johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
edited February 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello. I've recently shot 3 days of swimming competitions and I have a bit of a problem. The photos are organized by event / heat - which means a lot of galleries. So, I have 2 questions.

1. Is there an easier way to create a large number of galleries at one time besides going through the normal add process?

2. Is there a way I can queue uploads? Normally I have just one or two galleries so not a problem. But I'll have some 70 galleries to add/upload over the next few days. Is it possible to queue up the uploads? I normally use the send to smugmug tool. But haven't tried starting multiple versions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    You could try devbobo's Firefox plugin, SmugBrowser
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    SmugBrowser, sure.
    But also have a look at Star*Explorer, it's built for big jobs like you describe.

www.starexplorer.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 5, 2007
    I've used StarExplorer a bit, but it seems to me to be missing a way to see where in a batch you died, if indeed you die. Am I missing something?

Yes, I know you can go to the terminal window, but I would have expected the menu window to show it too...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I've used StarExplorer a bit, but it seems to me to be missing a way to see where in a batch you died, if indeed you die. Am I missing something?

Yes, I know you can go to the terminal window, but I would have expected the menu window to show it too...
    Ask The Developer.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    imageinc wrote:

With StarExplorer anything that doesn't upload stays in the que (terminal view)
    and you see them. Just keep hitting upload again if any remain until they all uploaded.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 5, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    With StarExplorer anything that doesn't upload stays in the que (terminal view)
    and you see them. Just keep hitting upload again if any remain until they all uploaded.

My experience, a couple of times, was that it didn't seem to mark in the queue the things that *had* successfully uploaded, and it would upload them again when I restarted it, thus leading to dupes I had to kill.

Hence my inquiry.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    My experience, a couple of times, was that it didn't seem to mark in the queue the things that *had* successfully uploaded, and it would upload them again when I restarted it, thus leading to dupes I had to kill.

Hence my inquiry.
    I would go to this thread and post. Nikolai's very helpful and can help you
    with any questions on his app.

I find that the ones uploaded disappear and only the ones not still show.headscratch.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog