Options

Leaving the uploading page

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited February 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Last night, I began a large upload, and wrote an email to a group of people saying that their photos would be ready in the morning. Well, this morning I went to check and found that I had accidentally openend another page in the tab that the uploader was running in.
:humungus

In a cursing flurry of self deprecation, I went through the painstaking process of selecting the 171 out of 300 photos that I wanted to drag and drop, and began the upload again.

This isn't the first time I've screwed up an upload my either closing or accidentally using the browser tab running the uploader.
Smugmug! Save me from myself!! :D

My Yahoo! Mail does it - they've got a popup that warns you when closing or navigating away from an email that hasn't been sent or saved as a draft. Could smugmug put some similar code on the uploader page to prevent mishaps like this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    Last night, I began a large upload, and wrote an email to a group of people saying that their photos would be ready in the morning. Well, this morning I went to check and found that I had accidentally openend another page in the tab that the uploader was running in.
    gerg.gif

In a cursing flurry of self deprecation, I went through the painstaking process of selecting the 171 out of 300 photos that I wanted to drag and drop, and began the upload again.

This isn't the first time I've screwed up an upload my either closing or accidentally using the browser tab running the uploader.
    Smugmug! Save me from myself!! :D

My Yahoo! Mail does it - they've got a popup that warns you when closing or navigating away from an email that hasn't been sent or saved as a draft. Could smugmug put some similar code on the uploader page to prevent mishaps like this?

Thank you!
    Hi, sorry you had this trouble :(

Which uploader were you using?
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    I use the universal drag-n-drop Java one, in Firefox.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    I use the universal drag-n-drop Java one, in Firefox.
    OK thanks - I leave that window all the time, and don't experience what you had :(

Still, I'll be sure that our Product Manager, Ben, sees this!
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    OK thanks - I leave that window all the time, and don't experience what you had :(

Still, I'll be sure that our Product Manager, Ben, sees this!
    Really?
    You can start an upload (that little progress window opens) and then navidate away from the drag-n-drop window before it finishes? I swear it said "Don't close this window" - Hm~ I'll have to do some experimentaling. :P

(As always, thanks for the lightning-fast response time, Andy!!)