Options

MORE problems with 'pro pricing'

RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited February 6, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I don't care what anybody says...SmugMug's Custom Pro Pricing feature just doesn't work the way it should. Period.

I have always had trouble figuring it out and I still am. Some galleries show the right prices, some don't.

"Doing something wrong", am I? OH I'm sure I am! Stupid me! But the fix should be obvious to me, and it's not. It ought to be so simple even a child could do it. Ain't so.

I'm a smart guy. If I'm having ANY trouble at all with this MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE then I know others are, too. It's in the design, at least partly...I'm sure of that.

Ya I'm pissed off as I write this and that's why my post is heavy on the bitching and moaning and light on specifics. Oh well. I have to leave right now and just don't have the time to deal with this, only to vent about it. I guess you could say I feel entitled.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    RKeaton wrote:
    I don't care what anybody says...SmugMug's Custom Pro Pricing feature just doesn't work the way it should. Period.

I have always had trouble figuring it out and I still am. Some galleries show the right prices, some don't.

"Doing something wrong", am I? OH I'm sure I am! Stupid me! But the fix should be obvious to me, and it's not. It ought to be so simple even a child could do it. Ain't so.

I'm a smart guy. If I'm having ANY trouble at all with this MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE then I know others are, too. It's in the design, at least partly...I'm sure of that.

Ya I'm pissed off as I write this and that's why my post is heavy on the bitching and moaning and light on specifics. Oh well. I have to leave right now and just don't have the time to deal with this, only to vent about it. I guess you could say I feel entitled.
    Ouch, I'm really sorry that you are so upset. I can't help you though, unless you give me specifics. I'll be happy to personally help you, and get your pricing set up the exact way you want.

The feature in fact works - I know that YOU are having trouble with it, and that's what is important here. Let me help you!

Write to me, http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal and put ATTN: Andy in the subject line. Give me specific gallery links, and an exact description of where and how you are having difficulty. Describe what behavior you are expecting to see, and what you are actually seeing.

I'm certain that we can get you sorted out. This feature is working for tens of thousands of SmugMug pros, and I know it will work for you, too.

Looking forward to helping you!

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • Options
    RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    I have taken many deep breaths since yesterday....phew...and I'm ready to get this sorted out now. :):

Thank you for the class response to my venom spewing, Andy. That says a lot. See folks, you just can't rattle these people!

I will email you with a proper explanation now.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    RKeaton wrote:
    I have taken many deep breaths since yesterday....phew...and I'm ready to get this sorted out now. :):

Thank you for the class response to my venom spewing, Andy. That says a lot. See folks, you just can't rattle these people!

I will email you with a proper explanation now.
    No problem at all Rob, I'll be ready for you! Cheers -
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    I changed the prices on my galleries (it's winter and I'm bored rolleyes1.gif ).

I set the price on one gallery

I then selected "galleries bulk", selected all and applied the prices from this gallery and saved. This changed the price on all of my present galleries.

the third step was to select portfolio and set the prices from the gallery, apply and save. This will set the same price for all future galleries that I create.

I had safari running to set the prices and firefox, while logged out, to check my progress.

I looked at the help pages and the steps are well laid out. The only thing that wasn't obvious was;

to change the prices on galleries that you will create in the future use "portfolio" pricing

and

to change the prices on existing galleries use "galleries bulk".

I am sure that the majority of people would know this or figure it out quickly but it did take me a little headscratch.gif11doh.gif and more headscratch.gif to separate the process for changing the price on existing and new galleries.

This may, perhaps, help people upgrading from standard accounts to pro a/c's who have a lot of existing galleries and want to set custom pricing.