Options

New Haven Rapper... Picasso!

zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited February 9, 2007 in People
Took these while in the studio taking some shot for a buddy who's the owner.. This Rapper was working on a song so we asked him to sit for a few shots.. what do you guys think?

122870150-L.jpg

122870163-L.jpg

123823061-L.jpg
http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Zacker,
    zacker wrote:
    Took these while in the studio taking some shot for a buddy who's the owner.. This Rapper was working on a song so we asked him to sit for a few shots.. what do you guys think?

I like it! thumb.gif
    Very gentle shots, I would never thought the guy is a rapper.
    Kinda shows "behind the scene" life of what on the stage looks very different.
    Thank you for sharing!clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    lol..thanks, ya know, alot of people have said the same thing, he looks really nice for a Rapper.. Actually, he is, his music is mostly made for kids and played in schools. What I heard is, he was the typical "Gangsta" rapper but now he's about helping children and only makes positive music and I guess he goes and talks to kids and stuff, he's definetly a good guy t talk with and we had alot of fun shooting that night.

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    The 2nd one is spectacular. Album cover-worthy!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    No. 1 for me. Really dig it. Great lighting.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    I also like number 1...great shot!
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 5, 2007
    very nice pics-

really like the first one-

the lighting and conversion are neat-
  • Options
    bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    I really like the first one - great mood!

#2 - the headphones are a distracting element to me, but the lighting on his skin is really nice! Also, did you consider a ~tiny~ bit of reflector on his left so we could see a little bit of his face?

#3 - same great lighting on his left side, and same opinion about reflecting a little light back on his left side of the face.

Regardless of my opinions, these are great, moody photos - good job!
  • Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    No. 1 is really nice. Great lighting. But I'd love to see that one in color as well. The guy has lovely tones in his skin.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    I really like #1. Lit from below really works in this one.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    zacker wrote:

Hi Zacker....... these look great, Im sure you model would be very pleased with these shots, they definately look like album cover material for sure clap.gif
    Nicely done ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Great shots. I really like the lighting.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2007
    bobcool wrote:

#2 - the headphones are a distracting element to me, but the lighting on his skin is really nice! Also, did you consider a ~tiny~ bit of reflector on his left so we could see a little bit of his face?

#3 - same great lighting on his left side, and same opinion about reflecting a little light back on his left side of the face.

Thanks Bob... lol Yeah, I used a reflector... an old white bed sheet that was used as a cover for some keyboards...lol it wasnt working though. I didnt really have anything for a reflector with me as I was actually there to take photos of the studio its self..nice huh? next time im bringing a reflector though, even if it stays in the car, at least i will have it if i need it.

• Options
    edited February 7, 2007
    Thank everybody!!! It was definely a fun, spur of the moment shoot and this guy was so cool to work with, he had a great time and oves the shots! I got some much needed practice in portrait shooting in and all is fine!
    lol

• Options
    edited February 7, 2007
    LilleG wrote:
    No. 1 is really nice. Great lighting. But I'd love to see that one in color as well. The guy has lovely tones in his skin.

here ya go LilleG!

122870153-L.jpg

• Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Oh yeah! Thanks for posting this version. It looks as good as I thought it would.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    LilleG wrote:
    Oh yeah! Thanks for posting this version. It looks as good as I thought it would.

Thank You and You're welcome!! clap.gif

• Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    bobcool wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif15524779-Ti.gif While #2 needs a little on his face, #3 seems too abrupt - like when only 1/2 a frame would get exposed at the end of a roll of film.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    i really like the first shot in BW. the second shot is really good as well, but in need of a slight crop, IMO... too much deadspace above his head that is distracting.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    thanks for all the suggestions and critiques all! I will take them all to heart, after all, this was my first time shooting someone , spur of the moment in not so great conditions.. Im glad everyone can give opinions on them...after all, thats who we learn!!
    Thanks again everybody!!! :ivar