Options

Two things that ive never done before...

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited January 21, 2005 in The Big Picture
So this year i will do 2 things ive never done before...see what snow looks like & wear a sweater with a hood on it that was my photo comp prize (& a tee)

...Thanks Smugmug for both !!!

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    We may have to climb a bit to get to the snow. Don't forget to pack your crampons.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    We may have to climb a bit to get to the snow. Don't forget to pack your crampons.
    OMG I better start training :yikes

Humungus, have you researched the local curry houses yet??
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    OMG I better start training :yikes

Humungus, have you researched the local curry houses yet??
    .......pope wear a funny hat ?
    http://www.sftravel.com/food/indian-food-sanfrancisco.html
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    When i quickly read that i thought it said crayons...they always give me some on the plane if i leave the other passengers alone.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    When i quickly read that i thought it said crayons...they always give me some on the plane if i leave the other passengers alone.

yeh there's so so curry in sf, but it ain't brick lane, y'know?

there's some outstanding indian in san jose, it's called amber, and it's in santana row. i took 25 people there last wednesday night, we ate till we couldn't eat anymore, and then, they brought yet more food.

14326027-Ti.gif

14326032-Ti.gif
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Ease up Andy, I just had dinner, don't make me hungry *again* rolleyes1.gif
    BTW I've been in an EXCELLENT curry restaurant in Edinburgh a couple of months ago (down near the docks in Leith 14326032-Ti.gif we had a superb meal for 5 quid) If you ever go to Edinburgh let me know, perhaps I can find the restaurant again on the internet :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Can i wear my sweater with the hood ?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited January 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

Good question, 'gus!! What kind of temperatures can we expect between before sunrise and after sundown near the lodge or up in the hills? Too cool for shorts and t-shirts I suspect - more like nylon shells and pile jackets or what? ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 18, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Good question, 'gus!! What kind of temperatures can we expect between before sunrise and after sundown near the lodge or up in the hills? Too cool for shorts and t-shirts I suspect - more like nylon shells and pile jackets or what? ne_nau.gif
    PF,
    The average high, for the valley in May, is around 73 degrees F and the average low is about 43 degrees F. So shorts, tee shirts and nylon shells in the daytime, jackets and/or hooded sweatshirts and long pants, at night.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    In San Francisco you're gonna have to, that's a chilly city.

Great food town, though, we should be able to find a top meal on Thursday night. Chinatown? *drool*
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited January 18, 2005
    PF,
    The average high, for the valley in May, is around 73 degrees F and the average low is about 43 degrees F. So shorts, tee shirts and nylon shells in the daytime, jackets and/or hooded sweatshirts and long pants, at night.

Steve

Thanks Steve - I thought day time might be comfortable, but early morning might be chilly without warmer clothing. That will help us all plan I think. Looking forward to MAY big time.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    In San Francisco you're gonna have to, that's a chilly city.

Great food town, though, we should be able to find a top meal on Thursday night. Chinatown? *drool*
    No worries...i will be eating for a week straight to get over my flight (16.5 hoursumph.gif ).

Couldnt fill a door mouse with the meals you get on big tin bird.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    PF,

Steve
    That sounds like a genuine dutch spring :D I can adapt to that rolleyes1.gif thanks for the info Steve!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    That sounds like a genuine dutch spring :D I can adapt to that rolleyes1.gif thanks for the info Steve!
    Sounds like a winter i've yet to experience...i'll survive eek7.gif with my new SmugMug hooded sweater.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    Gus,
    if it becomes too much for ya, we can always chip in for some nice sheep skin biggrinbounce2.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    if it becomes too much for ya, we can always chip in for some nice sheep skin biggrinbounce2.gif
    Get a pretty one
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Get a pretty one
    Dont for get the Aeroguard humy..rolleyes1.gif mossies are probably worse that yours..mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Yo 'Gus
    Humungus wrote:
    Get a pretty one
    Ya want brown, black or white? :D
    Might even get one with stripes n dots n all rolleyes1.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

Easy there, waxy...this is a family-oriented forum. 1drink.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Dont for get the Aeroguard humy..rolleyes1.gif mossies are probably worse that yours..mwink.gif
    I thought as much lynn....i will certainly bring a tin or 2. The buggars wont be used to it & it should work well.rolleyes1.gif

You wont be there ???