Options

Swimsuit shoot #2

luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
edited February 9, 2007 in People
Hi folks.

What an absolute drama this shoot was. Oh, how I would like to see some clouds in the sky as the lighting is incredibly bright and hard for the models to look into.

Also walked face first into a wasp nest and copped a right stinging., but anyway here's a few for review....

127854953-M.jpg

127856475-M.jpg

127857056-M.jpg

127857602-M.jpg

127857961-M.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb
http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    I hate to sound obvious, but maybe you should time your outdoor shoots around dusk and dawn? Either that or you'll need a scrim to block that harsh sun. These photos look like they were fun to shoot but they're a little rough around the edges for my tastes.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    I hate to sound obvious, but maybe you should time your outdoor shoots around dusk and dawn? Either that or you'll need a scrim to block that harsh sun. These photos look like they were fun to shoot but they're a little rough around the edges for my tastes.

15524779-Ti.gif

i would've changed location if the sun was that strong. you weren't required to shoot on the beach there. you should have more than one location per shoot anyway just in case one location has horrible conditions. it also gives the client another choice if they dont like the results of one.

i hate to say this, but i think your previous series was much stronger than this one. if i have the time i will give you some more useful comments on these pics.
  • Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Living in the beautiful sunshine state I can feel your pain. Like one of the posters stated you might want to adjust your times for your shoots at dawn or dusk. If that's not an option try one of these

yhst-6122587476031_1934_31232359

or

ex_vp.jpg

for a couple of hundred bucks you could shoot any time of day with these. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Have a great night

Joe
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    big size diffusion panels are pretty easy to make with 3/4 or 1 inch PVC pipe... get white diffusion material (whit Rip-Stop Nylon) @ the local fabric store... make it about 6 feet tall by 3 0r 4 foot wide, just need a couple good sand bags to hold it still...and then, you can block (diffuse) harsh sun, use it to shoot through (works great for taht) or even as a great reflector!!! snaps together in a minute and is easy to store too!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    A little on the bright side...meaning not enough warmth to this pics. But I love what you have captured.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Photography is about writing with light. Be a hunter of light. Patience, and planning are key. The only shot her that has flattering light is the last one. All of the rest portray your pretty model in an unflattering manner.

There is absolutely no substitute for great light.
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    please forgive me if you already know this... but a trick i've learned when shooting people in harsh light is to have them pose (or whatever), close their eyes, then tell them to open... catch the shot right as they open their eyes...before they get a chance to adjust to the change in light and need to squint or anything.