Options

how much to charge for a photo to be used in a medical research pamphlet?

Six BeesSix Bees Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited February 7, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Today I was contacted by a someone from Yale who was wondering if I sold
any of my pictures because she was interested in one of my images that she found in todays "popular photos" on SM. She said they were looking for a photograph of a smiling child for a Medical Research Pamphlet for an imaging study.
I am willing, I have a release on the photo, but I will still contact the parent to get concent. How much do I charge??? I am assuming I would be selling a digital download w/ commercial use. Any ideas folks? I just contacted my sister who is a research scientist to see if she knows what companies pay for this sort of stuff. She didn't know but is contacting someone in the field for me. If anyone has any thing to lead me in the right path...I would be stoked!
And if anything, this is a good reason to mark your photo's as popular!!!!
Thanks in Advance
:barb Carrie

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Six Bees wrote:
    Today I was contacted by a someone from Yale who was wondering if I sold
    any of my pictures because she was interested in one of my images that she found in todays "popular photos" on SM. She said they were looking for a photograph of a smiling child for a Medical Research Pamphlet for an imaging study.
    I am willing, I have a release on the photo, but I will still contact the parent to get concent. How much do I charge??? I am assuming I would be selling a digital download w/ commercial use. Any ideas folks? I just contacted my sister who is a research scientist to see if she knows what companies pay for this sort of stuff. She didn't know but is contacting someone in the field for me. If anyone has any thing to lead me in the right path...I would be stoked!
    And if anything, this is a good reason to mark your photo's as popular!!!!
    Thanks in Advance
    wings.gif Carrie

Some resources :)

1) http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1097113

2) http://www.danheller.com/bizfaq.html