Options

Visiting our Capital

§imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited February 21, 2007 in Journeys
Kids back @ school, hubby finally gets a week off, so we load the bikes & take off for a little road trip to our nations capital Canberra.

1st stop is @ Holbrook, typical country town in NSW .. but wait whats this. Miles inland & what do they have ....

normal_Otway2.JPG
Otway2.JPG

Took a few shots then headed on our way. Stopped @ Gundagai, for lunch. Will do the pic thing on return.

We get to place where staying. Check in, unload & just veg out for the rest of the day. Took our time getting here. 5 hour ride, in stinking summer heat, took its toll. Dinner time rolls around, step foot out our door & we have visitors, the locals ...

wallaby.JPGnormal_wallaby.JPG

roo2.JPGnormal_roo2.JPG

Living where we do, seeing a roo is nothing new, but having this right out your door every night & being so close is still a wonderfull thing to enjoy in this country.

Our turn to play tourist, & we sooooo did all ( well what we could do in a couple of days ) the typical tourist things ...

Managed to drag hubby into a certain building & grab some culture. While there went & saw the Journey To The Afterlife, Egyptian antiquities From The Louvre. Pitty on the NO pic allowed thing.

normal_Pears.JPG

NG.JPGNext stop, a must do no matter what country your in, is to check out just what your taxes are put to use to. In our case we have an Old & New ...

Old_Parliament.JPGOld_Parliament.JPG

Parliament_House.JPG

Next on our list was the Australian War Memorial. We spent like 3-4 hours here & still didnt get to see it all. So many pics I could show, but here are a couple of my favs...

Eternal_Flame.JPGWar_Memorial.JPG

DSCF0193.JPG
Next on hit list was The Mint, very interesting to see the process on how our money is made from start - finish. This place is going to be great to visit when they move into the building.

DSCF0213.JPGDSCF0213.JPG

Next was Telstra Tower. Pics courtesy of hubby as moi didnt enjoy the road trip up there, let alone being up there :rofl

normal_IMGP0509.JPG

IMGP0509.JPGnormal_IMGP0513.JPG

As promised stopped @ Gundagai on way home, How can one not stop & have pic taken with the Dog on the Tuckerbox ...

DSCF0248.JPGDSCF0245.JPG

DSCF0246.JPGDSCF0246.JPG

Another 5 hour stinkin hot ride home, but well worth it & enjoyed very minute of it.
Simone

Canon 350D
Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

Comments

• Options
    1andyw1andyw Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Thank you, Simone. Love the tour.

Nice work!

AndyW
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    i like this shot right here:

DSCF0193.JPG

and the camos.... nice touch. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Thanks guys.
    com3 wrote:
    and the camos.... nice touch. ;)

rolleyes1.gifyep well they do stand out, then there doing there job while out on the road. These camo Draggins are not your normal jeans, these things have kevlar lined
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon 75-300mm

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Really nice photos. Had a chance to spend a few days in Canberra last year. Nice place and inspiring sites.

Love the two shots of the old and new Parliment House. Really well done.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Tommyboy wrote:
    Really nice photos. Had a chance to spend a few days in Canberra last year. Nice place and inspiring sites.

Love the two shots of the old and new Parliment House. Really well done.

Thankyou Tom.

We had a great time. National Gallery you could only take pics outside, which I was expecting to be the case.

But all the other places we went, you could snap away to your little heart was content, & thats including the new Parliament House.

There are more pic in Gallery link below in sig.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon 75-300mm

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited February 17, 2007
    Thanks for taking us along!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    yoderyoder Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 20, 2007
    Thanks
    Very nice images. Prob will never get there, but through your eyes, super!thumb.gif

yoder
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    §imone wrote:
    Kids back @ school, hubby finally gets a week off, so we load the bikes & take off for a little road trip to our nations capital Canberra.

Otway2.JPG

Great set of shots simone. I used to check the batterys on this sub. We called it a 300 foot sewage pipe. I can still smell it just looking at it.

To quote kenny...it had a smell that will outlast religion !
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Great set of shots simone. I used to check the batterys on this sub. We called it a 300 foot sewage pipe. I can still smell it just looking at it.

To quote kenny...it had a smell that will outlast religion !

Oh wow fancy that. lol your going have to explain that quote now, what a cracker of a movie.

Thanks for comments Ian, Yoder & Gus.

Damn going to have to fix some pics there I see.
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon 75-300mm