Can you help me get rid of pop ups?

marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited February 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My computer has been down since the new changes. I like the new speed enhancement for sure. But I need to get rid of the pop up that stays on my photos. It blocks the view of the photos. I want to move it off the photos.

Can someone help me do that?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Must I have the "power user" account to fix this annoyance? (That is a bummer!) If I upgrade to that, can someone guarantee me that those will go away?

Might there be a willingness on Smugmug's part to simply move that pop-up off the photo? Or give us regular users the choice?

Thanks in advance for any cold water you can throw on me!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    marieboyer wrote:
    Must I have the "power user" account to fix this annoyance? (That is a bummer!) If I upgrade to that, can someone guarantee me that those will go away?

Might there be a willingness on Smugmug's part to simply move that pop-up off the photo? Or give us regular users the choice?

Thanks in advance for any cold water you can throw on me!
    Marie, you must be a power or pro to change this. There has been feedback from a few customers similar to yours. But the photobar does not stay on the photo, simply move your mouse away from the main photo, Marie, and the photobar goes away.

Thanks for posting, and your valuable input.
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Thanks Andy.

Sometimes it sticks on the photo. I can get it off if I jerk the mouse around outside the photo but my family and friends will not have a clue. They will simply stop looking because it is such an eyesore.

Is smugmug thinking about moving this pop-up off to the side of the photos? That would work and would not ruin the viewing experience.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    marieboyer wrote:
    Thanks Andy.

Sometimes it sticks on the photo. I can get it off if I jerk the mouse around outside the photo but my family and friends will not have a clue. They will simply stop looking because it is such an eyesore.

Is smugmug thinking about moving this pop-up off to the side of the photos? That would work and would not ruin the viewing experience.
    It's quite possible that there will be changes in the future. But I have nothing concrete to say at this point.

The photobar goes away in all supported browsers, FF, IE6/7 and Safari, no problem.