Options

Emma

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited February 11, 2007 in People
Hi everyone,

This is from a series I am particularly proud of...

6.jpg5.jpg

2.jpg

Canon 5D, ISO 100, 1/125, F/11
One light with a silver umbrella, white seamless.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 8, 2007
    as you should be-

as usual, I really like your work-
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    really nice! I love the last one esp.
    Great job!!!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    And you have every reason to be proud...looks like something out of Cosmopolitan Magazine. Absolutely stunning. Great job Owen!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    really nice! I love the last one esp.
    Great job!!!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    And you have every reason to be proud...looks like something out of Cosmopolitan Magazine. Absolutely stunning. Great job Owen!thumb.gif

Woah - thanks, Seneca!
    Ford represents Emma (incase you were wondering), and they loved the shots, too!
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Great Job Owenclap.gifwings.gif Next To Yuri you might be my next Hero. Keep them coming. Photos are very well done and there aren't words to describe your model.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Owen, these are excellent! Really nice poses, the model's expressions are excellent, and your single light source works very well.

The first one is a very arresting portrait. Nice stuff!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Owen, these are excellent! Really nice poses, the model's expressions are excellent, and your single light source works very well.

The first one is a very arresting portrait. Nice stuff!

thumb.gif Thanks, wxwax!
  • Options
    HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    #2 ftw!
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Seriously great work. I love #1. Love the contrast and heavy shadows too. Sweet through and through.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    The H&S is a stunner! Really like it. But don't go messin' with Ford! They'll make you rich and famous. You'll loose all your hard-won angst!!! :>) ne_nau.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Seriously great work. I love #1. Love the contrast and heavy shadows too. Sweet through and through.

Thanks, Shay - means a lot coming from you!
    We ought to get together sometime -
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    xris wrote:
    The H&S is a stunner! Really like it. But don't go messin' with Ford! They'll make you rich and famous. You'll loose all your hard-won angst!!! :>) ne_nau.gif
    Cheers!
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    i REAAAALLY like the very first shot. the other 2 don't really grab me. while they're GOOD...they don't suck me in like that first shot does.

good stuff! look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    They're all fantastic. bowdown.gif

Malte
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Owen, it is often said we should only critique the photograph and not the model but in case of shots like this the model to me makes 50% of the photo and you provide the remaining 50% by posing her and placing the light right.

So, having said the I think the model is spot on for this particular set of poses. She is attractive and the attire and make up seem to all work with and on her.

As for your part (lol) it is bit hard to tell from such small images. Some places seem a touch hot. Is it a top mag worthy? By all means. clap.gif Bravo!
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    Owen, it is often said we should only critique the photograph and not the model but in case of shots like this the model to me makes 50% of the photo and you provide the remaining 50% by posing her and placing the light right.

So, having said the I think the model is spot on for this particular set of poses. She is attractive and the attire and make up seem to all work with and on her.

As for your part (lol) it is bit hard to tell from such small images. Some places seem a touch hot. Is it a top mag worthy? By all means. clap.gif Bravo!
    Thanks for taking the time to comment, Ted - and thank you for the kudos. She did a lot more than me!

You might recognize Emma from an earlier set I shot with her. She's one of my favorites - a real gem of a person, too.
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    You might recognize Emma from an earlier set I shot with her. She's one of my favorites - a real gem of a person, too.

it looks like a different person! that's awesome how you can shoot the same girl yet give her a completely different spin! awesome.

i'm not sure which i prefer, the first or the last.

the portrait is fantastic. great use of the light and i really dig the pose especially with the glove/sleeve thing. her eyes, lips, and hair all look great.clap.gif

the second shot is too dark for my liking. i don't like that i can't see her face either. it's still a great shot, the light looks good and the hair is really cool.

the last shot is totally badass. terrific control of the light. i love the pose and the face. good crop.

overall, these pictures work together very well, making this an amazing series. the white background with black clothes look stunning.thumb.gif

btw, who's 5d are you using?
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    btw, who's 5d are you using?

heh, heh, heh. I rented a studio and the photographer said I could use all of his equipment. so I did. ;)

thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    The rest of the series...

4.jpg1.jpg
    3.jpg
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    The rest of the series...

4.jpg1.jpg
    3.jpg

great series!
    i'm not sure how i feel about that last picture, it looks like she is missing an eye. i definitely think you should crop or otherwise edit the bottom of the frame, get rid of that bit of red, my eye was immediately drawn to it.