Bodies In Motion

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited February 8, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Let me know your thoughts on which you like the best. All the same but different

Original

128308877-L.jpg

A Different Version Of The Same

128308977-L.jpg

Black And White Sort Of

128309010-L.jpg

THanks for looking and possibly adding some thoughts. I appreciate it. Have a great day.

Joe

SOme additonal photographs for your thoughts

128466419-M.jpg

128466453-M.jpg

128466472-M.jpg

Comments

• StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    hmm out of these three Number 2 for me! its a nice capture but suffers from a poor background number 2 minimises that and still lets you see the girls.

Number three is a nice effect(how did you do it) but doesnt work on this pic for me, I think this effect would look great if it were one girl filling the shot.

Number 1 looks dull compared too 2 and really suffers because of the background.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Stustaff wrote:
    hmm out of these three Number 2 for me! its a nice capture but suffers from a poor background number 2 minimises that and still lets you see the girls.

Number three is a nice effect(how did you do it) but doesnt work on this pic for me, I think this effect would look great if it were one girl filling the shot.

Number 1 looks dull compared too 2 and really suffers because of the background.

I agree with the fact that the background sucks. It was the best of the two choices. Either show it like this or show the empty stands, and the client empasized no empty stands!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 8, 2007
    ***Host poking his head in... ***

All entries should be PG rated - this is dgrin, a place we like to keep family friendly. As I have pointed out however, to Jamoke in another thread, we're photographers and artists, so we should have a fair liberal view of PG-rated.

That's my long way of saying, I'm editing your title - no need for it.

carry on :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Hi Joe. I really like the idea a lot, though maybe it should be called hair in motion. rolleyes1.gif The first one is my favorite. The second looks oversaturated on my screen and that detracts from the "motion" for me. I agree that the black and white doesn't work with this photo, I think because the contrast is too high and the picture it is too busy to let the eye settle down and see what is going on.

Have you considered cropping it as a mock-pano and getting rid of most, if not all, of the background? Or some judicious cloning?

I'll bet the cheerleaders love this picture - and the team too!

Virginia

Email
  • mwaltersmwalters Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    I like the saturation on #2, but personally would crop the left third out and maybe try cloning out some of the background clutter.

I agree with the others that tthe B&W is a bit overcooked.

Matthew