Online Photo Editing Tools

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
[imgl]http://www.smugmug.com/photos/128369195-L.jpg[/imgl]There are many out there, and most are in the process of hooking directly into SmugMug.

Phixr is one that already works, and is pretty darn good. It's free, you sign up, log in to Phixr, and just choose gallery and image from SmugMug. It imports and you start tinkering. At the end, you just save it back to SmugMug with a click. Easy in, easy out.

Here you can see that I used the redeye tool on one of the eyes. It works fine, and there are some other neat options. Not a substitute for Photoshop by any means, but for those without photoshop, or other image editors, well, it fills a need!

Comments

• StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Hmm thats Very clever! and could be useful I guess.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2007
    Bump.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2007
    Works great for web pictures, but it gives you back a much lower resolution.

One I did changed from 2.69meg to 119.58k with no EXIF.

It uploads a new version so the original is still there and untouched.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Over AchieverOver Achiever Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2007
    Silly question about online photo editing, but I noticed that Phixr doesn't have a straightening tool either. Is it difficult to integrate photo straightening with a basic crop tool? Just curious.
  • ThomasWThomasW Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2007
    From the desk of Phixr
    This is Thomas from phixr.com. Thank you for your visits!

1) phixr has limited resources - image thousands of people editing photos at the same time. Therefore, phixr only allows images up to 1440x1080 currently. Larger photos will be scaled down during upload (and you will be notified about that). However, the reduction mentioned above seems unrealistic. Are you positive that you didn't save the image you saw, instead of clicking on the "JPG" button in the bottom?

2) What does "straightening" mean?

/Thomas
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    ThomasW wrote:
    <snip>
    2) What does
    "straightening" mean?

/Thomas

Allowing the person editing the photograph to "straighten" the image -- imagine you are at a beach, you take a picture, your camera is not level w/ the horizon. A straighten tool would allow you to rotate your image so that the horizon (or some known level object) to appear to be "straight" or level w/ the edges of the image (or paper when its printed.)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    ThomasW wrote:

1) phixr has limited resources - imaging thousands of people editing photos at the same time. Therefore, phixr only allows images up to 1440x1080 currently. Larger photos will be scaled down during upload (and you will be notified about that). However, the reduction mentioned above seems unrealistic. Are you positive that you didn't save the image you saw, instead of clicking on the "JPG" button in the bottom?

2) What does
    "straightening" mean?

/Thomas
    wave.gif Hiya Thomas, and welcome :D
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Phixr supports OpenID, and SmugMug happens to provide OpenID :D

You can log in, using your SmugMug account!

phixr_-_online_photo_editor-20070804-223118.jpg