Options

What software for uploading raw files plse

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited January 18, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi then... I'm having trouble with Zoombrowser AGAIN.. keeps shutting down with errors.. what does everyone use to upload raw files from card reader.. someone somewhere mentioned Capture something but of course I did'nt need it then. I'm chucking zoombrowser out the window.
:splat Thanks. Lynn

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited January 18, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi then... I'm having trouble with Zoombrowser AGAIN.. keeps shutting down with errors.. what does everyone use to upload raw files from card reader.. someone somewhere mentioned Capture something but of course I did'nt need it then. I'm chucking zoombrowser out the window.

Not sure what you are using ZoomBrowser for Lynn. My workflow is to take the CF chip from my camera and plug it into a card reader and copy the files from the CF chip to a CD-R first before I do anything else. I then label this CDR and file it away just like Scott Kelby taught me to.1drink.gif

I then create a folder on my desktop to copy the files from my CF chip for examination in the Browser in Photoshop CS. I then examine the files in the Browser window and decide which to flag and which to discard. Then I begin working on the flagged files in post processing. No need for anything but PS CS for me. ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    lynnma wrote:

You might be referring to the discussion of Image Capture, which is a Mac app that's built in to OSX.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    get card reader, about $15 at circuit city
    plug into 'puter
    remove cf card from dslr
    put into card reader
    copy files from reader to 'puter
    edit away
  • Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    andy wrote:
    get card reader, about $15 at circuit city
    plug into 'puter
    remove cf card from dslr
    put into card reader
    copy files from reader to 'puter
    edit away
    I agree with Andy, it is the easiest way.
    In my case, as I want a particular Folder/Sub-folder naming and structure for my workflow, I use DownloaderPro from BreezeSys.

Roger
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Roger wrote:
    I agree with Andy, it is the easiest way.
    In my case, as I want a particular Folder/Sub-folder naming and structure for my workflow, I use DownloaderPro from BreezeSys.

Roger
    really??? for some odd reason I thought I needed an interim piece of software.. I shall try that right now.. thanks all..

(5 mins later) well I'll be.. all this time I've been messin with that stupid program...jeez...1drink.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    really??? for some odd reason I thought I needed an interim piece of software.. I shall try that right now.. thanks all..

(5 mins later) well I'll be.. all this time I've been messin with that stupid program...jeez...1drink.gif

11746831-Ti.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    I don't do it that way because I shoot so many shots I don't want to keep.

I view the CF card using Digital Photography Pro, comes free from Canon with my camera. Once I pick the shots I want to save, I use Windows Explorer to move them to their new folder as RAW files. Then I open them with PS.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au