upload probs?

wlrivwlriv Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited February 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
im trying to put up a couple of new pics and i keep getting a timeout error (The server at upload.smugmug.com is taking too long to respond.)

i tried adding the pics to 2 diff galleries, and creating a new one - all with the same outcome.

anyone else having this prob/have a suggestion for me to try?

UPDATE: working now. i <3 sm.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    wlriv wrote:
    im trying to put up a couple of new pics and i keep getting a timeout error (The server at upload.smugmug.com is taking too long to respond.)

i tried adding the pics to 2 diff galleries, and creating a new one - all with the same outcome.

anyone else having this prob/have a suggestion for me to try?
    Uploading is working fine for us - but let's focus on you - I'm sorry you are having troubles!

Some things to check:

1) are the files too big (8mb,power and pro, 16mb pro)
    2) are the files too many megapixels (48megapixels max)
    3) are the files jpgs?
    4) is your connection good - can you run a traceroute to www.smugmug.com? If you need instructions, let us know.
    5) which uploader?
  • wlrivwlriv Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Uploading is working fine for us - but let's focus on you - I'm sorry you are having troubles!

Some things to check:

1) are the files too big (8mb,power and pro, 16mb pro)
    2) are the files too many megapixels (48megapixels max)
    3) are the files jpgs?
    4) is your connection good - can you run a traceroute to www.smugmug.com? If you need instructions, let us know.
    5) which uploader?

thanks for the response andy (as im sure you can see now) its working fine.

it was weird though, it wouldnt even load the 'univ drag and drop' screen, it went from a gallery page where i hit "add photos" to the timeout screen.

either way, glad its working now - im uploading the pics of the pics that smugmug ever-so-generously printed out for me to send overseas. ill post them in the thread once they are up.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    wlriv wrote:
    thanks for the response andy (as im sure you can see now) its working fine.

it was weird though, it wouldnt even load the 'univ drag and drop' screen, it went from a gallery page where i hit "add photos" to the timeout screen.

either way, glad its working now - im uploading the pics of the pics that smugmug ever-so-generously printed out for me to send overseas. ill post them in the thread once they are up.
    Glad you are all set! Holler if you need help again...