Options

Photo's of my son and I

BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited February 9, 2007 in People
I wanted to post these and get some opinions on them please. I tried to setup some photo's at my house for the first time and figured I'd ask all of you what you thought :D

These are of my son Eithan, and myself.

128364787-L.jpg

128364791-L.jpg

128364794-L.jpg

128364798-L.jpg

And here are a couple I messed around with in photoshop some:

127267128-L.jpg

128389312-L.jpg

Thanks for looking and the your comments :D
Nikon D610
70-200 f.28, 24-85
www.PhotoExpectations.com

Comments

• Options
    gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Cute kid, looks like your lighting is a bit harsh in these are you using the on camera flash? A little more info on your equipment would help so we know what we're working with.
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    Cute kid, looks like your lighting is a bit harsh in these are you using the on camera flash? A little more info on your equipment would help so we know what we're working with.

Sorry about that. I am using the Canon Rebel XT with Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8-4 lens, and yes the on camera flash.
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Any suggestions or comments? ne_nau.gif
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    #3 and #4 look pretty badly blurred, like you had the focus point set behind you. I've found that trying to set the focus point to the eyes is best, or go to something like f/8 and let it go at that.

The last one I really don't care for, and i think it's a stylistic/artistic consideration more than anything else. The image looks very processed (lots of sharpening, perhaps to compensate for being out of focus?) and the light in the corner is very Photoshop. If there really were a light there, I'd expect that the effect would be present on your faces, and it's not, which makes for an odd combination.

Having said all of that! I do like the shots of your son. He's very photogenic, and his energy and happiness are really conveyed here. I also like the black and white conversion (though the background is a bit on the busy side).
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    A little out of focus...and the lighting is a just a little too bright. I would say tone it down a bit.

Looks like you're on the right track. Cute child.