Options

share your favorite pregnancy/newborn shots!

2»

Comments

• Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    tturchin and Gefillmore.

Thank you for your compliments. Appreciate you taking the time to coment.

My wife was very big stomached as you can see - from the back you couldn't tell she was pregant so people would get a shock when she turned around. More than once we heard people comment to each other about her tummy - on a few occasions people literally stopped talking to each other and stared...very funny.

Shane, I also love that shot of the feet. Beautiful.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    oriskyorisky Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    this shot is sooooo sweet. I just love the look on the dog's face, the perspective, it's really special. nice work!

Thanks! she was trying to lick the baby's head :)
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    This one is hanging in my kitchen

45955779-L.jpg

Everyone likes pearls...

86329454-L.jpg
  • Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    A_few_I_took_of_my_sister_and_niece_recently.(My_spacebar_broke_and_I'm_waiting_on_my_new_keyboard!!!!):D

114391634-L-1.jpg

114391201-L-1.jpg

114390414-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    124513526-L-7.jpg
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    126423732-M-1.jpg

128874968-M.jpg

Of my newest baby, who was 4 weeks premature.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    This one is hanging in my kitchen

45955779-L.jpg

I really like this one! Great work! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Back in 1977 when my son was a month old
    56373590-M.jpg
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Wow, such very sweet and moving shots. I LOVE baby feet/toes. Aside from the way their heads smell, the toes are the best thing about them. I am a super-newbie, so am wondering...how did ya'll get the dark background for the hands and feet shots? If it is obvious, you may thwap me, but I figured nothing ventured (question-wise), nothing gained.

Here is one of my son Trevor at my favorite baby age, 6 months:

129877698-M.jpg

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Wren- Your son's sweet expression made me smile! :)

Kim
  • Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Hehe, thank you Kim! Nowadays (he'll be 6 in May) I try not to let myself get sucked into the cute expressions he gives me when he is trying to get out of trouble. ;)

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Shane422 wrote:
    Here I was going for the "Family Feet" pose, but the baby was happiest sitting up and we liked it after the fact.
    DSC_1089b.jpg

Shane - this is a great shot. How did you set it up? I looks like a black cloth that your sitting on, but how did you get that black out effect behind the feet & Baby? Was it exposure / flash timing or Photoshop?
    --Kres
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    kres wrote:
    Shane - this is a great shot. How did you set it up? I looks like a black cloth that your sitting on, but how did you get that black out effect behind the feet & Baby? Was it exposure / flash timing or Photoshop?

Thanks for the compliments. I've only had studio equipment for a little more than a year now (one Alienbee and some backgrounds), and I seem to specialize in babies since the adoption of my own daughter inspired all of this.

This is actually friends that my wife works with. We were actually trying to get everyones feet, but babies this age (~6months) tend to hate laying on their back for anything other than nap time. I still have a "cage match" with my daughter when it comes time to change her diaper.

For this shot, I have a black muslin in the very back, and the baby is actually sitting on a coffee table with the muslin draped over it. Dad is on the floor with his feet up on the table, mom is sitting on a chair over dad's chest with a black cloth draped over her as well. A contrast boost, some well placed airbrushing, and masking took care of everything else. So it was mostly a lot of black clothes and some photoshop work.

It all started like a wicked game of Twister, but I think it worked out in the end. Mom hated the idea, but liked the final result quite a bit.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    I subscribed to this thread just so I could hear Shane's answer to the question, "How did you do that?" Thank you Shane for posting your setup. I wish you had taken a shot without the masking just for a laugh.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    I subscribed to this thread just so I could hear Shane's answer to the question, "How did you do that?" Thank you Shane for posting your setup. I wish you had taken a shot without the masking just for a laugh.
    I'm just glad there were only three in the family. People don't stack quite as easily as Legos. :D
  • Options
    leanne-bleanne-b Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Thought I would share one of my fav baby pics. 9496500-Ti.gif
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    One of the few examples I have seen where selective coloring is effective and adds something to the image... bravo! clap.gif

Thank you Owen!
  • Options
    Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    Shane, Love the feet!!

132540228-M.jpg
    Here's a premie twin with a smile!

2322970#132540228-L-LB
    Matt Addington
    Photography & Design
    Minnesota
    www.mattaddington.com
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    How about sultry and six and a half months :)

This was actually the sister of a model I was shooting swimwear for who came as the chaperone (She's actually in labour as I type). She had a ball and actually posed better than her sister :)

125178647-M.jpg

125180141-M.jpg

125178788-M.jpg

A different type of pregnancy shoot for sure.
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Taken when my son was 4 days old. Done with a P&S in bad light, so it's OOF but that face and expression will stay with me forever.

132709608-L.jpg

Here's one with my Rebel XT and slightly improved photog skills when my boy was 9 months old.

128436677-L.jpg
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    15 Minutes Old
    132856539-M.jpg

My Grandaughter just after her birth is meeting her mother after being cleaned up.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.