Bulk Upload to Smugmug?

LR6LR6 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am trying out smug mug and I would like to know if there is a good way to upload >10K photos in ~375 folders.

I know that I can do one folder at a time with one of the uploader tools, but that would take forever.

I am thinking of combining all of the photos into about 10 big folders and then uploading each of those to a new gallery. I know that this would be bad for organization, but mostly I want to upload these older pictures for a reliable backup and not to share.

After this initial upload it will be very easy to upload a new gallery each down that I download pictures from my camera.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    LR6 wrote:
    I am trying out smug mug and I would like to know if there is a good way to upload >10K photos in ~375 folders.

I know that I can do one folder at a time with one of the uploader tools, but that would take forever.

I am thinking of combining all of the photos into about 10 big folders and then uploading each of those to a new gallery. I know that this would be bad for organization, but mostly I want to upload these older pictures for a reliable backup and not to share.

After this initial upload it will be very easy to upload a new gallery each down that I download pictures from my camera.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    wave.gif Welcome!

I recommend Star*Explorer for this task.

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps