Options

smugmugRSS: a WordPress plug-in

MnMMnM Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
I have created a plug-in to display Smugmug photos to sites hosted/powered by WordPress. The plugin can be added anywhere on the post, the page or on the tempates.

I've described the plug-in and showed some examples on how it looks like in a Post here:
http://www.mariedeluna.com/?p=61

Let me know what you think or if anybody is interested in trying it out.

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    I'm defenitley interested! Out of curiousity, is there any way to do the calls in a regular post? I mean can I just add that call when I post, or do I have to go in and edit the template for a post. Or am I confused, and you add the function to the post template, then when you make a post you pass it those variables? Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    MnMMnM Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I'm defenitley interested! Out of curiousity, is there any way to do the calls in a regular post? I mean can I just add that call when I post, or do I have to go in and edit the template for a post. Or am I confused, and you add the function to the post template, then when you make a post you pass it those variables? Thanks for any help!

Yes, you can definitely make the call in the post... like the blog I just linked about, that is an actual posting and not a template change. In order to do so, you'd have to use another plug-in that will allow you to put php code in the post. In the above blog, I use PhP Exec... so in my post I have something like:
    <phpcode><?php get_smugmugRSS(blah); ?></phpcode> 

I have 5 calls like that in my post, to show each example I presented in my blog.