Monitor Calibration Software

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited February 10, 2007 in Finishing School
I'm kind of in a bind. Last year I purcfhased the Spyder2express software that came with the device for calibrating my monitor. It worked great. Last month I got a new monitor and formatted my system. Now for the life of me I can't find that box for the software, which had the seral # for the software in it! I'm wondering if there is any software that would work using the Spyder2 ColorVision device, but which is free. Because nedless to say i don't want to pay for this twice!!

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I found what I was looking for, thanks anyway! :D

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    So I just got my monitor calibrated, now I'm lost. I want to get my printer calibrated, and then once I get a scanner I'll need to calibrate that as well. But I'm not sure how to go about calibrating the printer and scanner. Usually scanners have you print out a test image, then scan it in. But printers usually have you do the same thing. Which one do you do first? If you don't calibrate the scanner, then how do you know the printer calibration is correct. And if you don't calibrate the printer first, how do you know the test image you scan in for the scanner calibration is correct? Lol, you see where I'm going with this! ne_nau.gif A little help would be greatly appreciated! headscratch.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    So I just got my monitor calibrated, now I'm lost. I want to get my printer calibrated, and then once I get a scanner I'll need to calibrate that as well. But I'm not sure how to go about calibrating the printer and scanner. Usually scanners have you print out a test image, then scan it in. But printers usually have you do the same thing. Which one do you do first? If you don't calibrate the scanner, then how do you know the printer calibration is correct. And if you don't calibrate the printer first, how do you know the test image you scan in for the scanner calibration is correct? Lol, you see where I'm going with this! ne_nau.gif A little help would be greatly appreciated! headscratch.gif

Isn't there any info with the Spyder on Printer Calibrating.......also you will want to get profiles for the paper ypour going to use for you printer and since I have nothing calibrated at this time I don't know where to point you,,,,,,,,,,
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Hmm, so I just use the ICC profile for the paper I have, I don't have to do anything else as far as print calibration goes?

Once I have the paper ICC profile do I enter that profile into photoshop before I print, and then turn off printer color correction? Sorry bout all the questions, just trying to get this straightened out before my camera arrives next week! :D

Ok, I think I got it. I downloaded ICC profiles for each type of paper I use, and then set up the printer and photoshop to deal with the profiles like my printer manual states. I guess that's it for now.