Options

A Record/CNAME

cepsceps Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited February 10, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've recently joined SM and set up my Pro account using Godaddy. (www.darklightimaging.com) I'm trying to figure out why "www" has to be placed in front of my domain name. I went through the tutorial for adding a CNAME and an A record. I made sure I did exactly as instructed and even waited 48 hours. I'm still at a loss. Here's a cut and paste of my godaddy settings.

128645151-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    ceps wrote:
    I've recently joined SM and set up my Pro account using Godaddy. (www.darklightimaging.com) I'm trying to figure out why "www" has to be placed in front of my domain name. I went through the tutorial for adding a CNAME and an A record. I made sure I did exactly as instructed and even waited 48 hours. I'm still at a loss. Here's a cut and paste of my godaddy settings.
    Hi ceps, and welcome to dgrin wave.gif

You have entered the IP address incorrectly.
    It should be 63.81.134.23 and not 68.81.134.23

Change that, and you should be fine thumb.gif

Please don't ask questions here and then copy your post and email them to the helpdesk, it means i have answer it twice, thanks :D
  • Options
    cepsceps Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Thanks Ivar. I knew it was something dumb I was doing/wasn't doing. Just didn't expect it to be THAT dumb. eek7.gif Also, just want to say I really appreciate all your tutorials! They're really helping me out.

Ed