Upload problem: Socket exception

DieseldogDieseldog Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm having lots of problems uploading i've done all the stuff, resize pics change compression back to 10 tried all the uploaders, and still sometimes i can get one pic to upload and sometimes not even one before the java.net. socket exception error comes up. Help i may not live long enough to get my pics uploaded.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Dieseldog wrote:
    I'm having lots of problems uploading i've done all the stuff, resize pics change compression back to 10 tried all the uploaders, and still sometimes i can get one pic to upload and sometimes not even one before the java.net. socket exception error comes up. Help i may not live long enough to get my pics uploaded.
    We'll help.

1. Your SmugMug site?

2. What browser, what uploader?

3. What Operating System?

4. Can you run a traceroute and paste the results?

To run a traceroute on a PC, click on "Start". Then click on "run" and type in "command". That should bring up a black screen. When you get that, type in "tracert hera.smugmug.com". There should be a little 'c:\' in the upper left corner of that black screen, click on that. Then select "edit" and then select "mark". You will see a little gray box appear inside the black box at the top. Click on that and drag it to the bottom so that all the text is highlighted. Then click on the 'c:\' at the top again and click on "edit" then "copy". Then open a response email to us and paste it in there. That will paste all your traceroute information in an post.

To run a traceroute on a Mac, open finder. Then open applications>utilities>network utility. Then click on the Traceroute tab. When that opens, type in hera.smugmug.com.

Let us know, we'll help. If I don't answer fast enough for you, give all the info to our Support Heroes - http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Deiseldog:

It's probably not SM causing the errors-- see my similar post here. I'm having the same issues but it looks like it's related to my ISP (comcast) and not SM. Not sure where you are, but I'm in Portland, Oregon and I've been having slow and dropped connectivity issues all morning.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+