Options

problem with prices...

Malaxos1Malaxos1 Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
edited February 10, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This has happened a few times to me in the past few years. I have been able to fix it before, but not this time. Perhaps some of the new changes is where I am either having a hard time or just confused.

Anyway, I sometimes offer a one time price for a photo shoot where I give the client a CD. I usually tell them to order prints from my site as I cannot guarentee that the photos will be as good if they went to Walmart or Cosco.

The problem that I have is that I want a client to pay my prices. I used to empty the field and it will make them the smugmug prices by default. Now the default price is like $6 for a 4x6. That is fine when I want them to pay for the photos. But I want this particular client to pay the .19 cents. Please help. Thanks...Dean
Dean Malaxos Photography
Margaretville New York (Catskill Mnts)
www.deanmalaxos.com
deansphotos@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Malaxos1 wrote:
    This has happened a few times to me in the past few years. I have been able to fix it before, but not this time. Perhaps some of the new changes is where I am either having a hard time or just confused.

Anyway, I sometimes offer a one time price for a photo shoot where I give the client a CD. I usually tell them to order prints from my site as I cannot guarentee that the photos will be as good if they went to Walmart or Cosco.

The problem that I have is that I want a client to pay my prices. I used to empty the field and it will make them the smugmug prices by default. Now the default price is like $6 for a 4x6. That is fine when I want them to pay for the photos. But I want this particular client to pay the .19 cents. Please help. Thanks...Dean
    Hi Dean,

When you have set custom portfolio prices, emptying the fields on gallery level will automatically take on the portfolio prices.

It's not possible to have the default SmugMug prices, I'm sorry. You can set your prices $0.01 higher as opposed to SM default.

Look under 'step 1' on this page for some info as well: http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

I hope this helps. Holler if you have any questions.