A Couple Wasp Shots

CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited February 12, 2007 in Holy Macro
Hi all,

I hate to say it but I haven't picked up my camera in nearly 2 months now but I was doing some cleaning up on the 'ole computer hard drive and found a few shots that I liked.

I found this very cold wasp crawling on my house a few days after I got my 100mm Macro lens and since it was moving so slow I decided to grab a few shots. These were shot at ISO 400 for some reason so they have a bit of noise. (Can't really remember why since I was using a diffused fill flash, probably screwing around to see what it would look like)

I realized right away that I really need to get some Kenko tubes since I wasn't able to fill the frame with this guy. Always something new on the want list!

Comments are much appreciated! :D

PICT9639_edited-1.jpg

PICT9626_edited-1.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Charla wrote:
    Hi all,

I hate to say it but I haven't picked up my camera in nearly 2 months now but I was doing some cleaning up on the 'ole computer hard drive and found a few shots that I liked.

I found this very cold wasp crawling on my house a few days after I got my 100mm Macro lens and since it was moving so slow I decided to grab a few shots. These were shot at ISO 400 for some reason so they have a bit of noise. (Can't really remember why since I was using a diffused fill flash, probably screwing around to see what it would look like)

I realized right away that I really need to get some Kenko tubes since I wasn't able to fill the frame with this guy. Always something new on the want list!

Comments are much appreciated! :D

Kenko Tubes are great, not just for Macro but for almost any other lens you have as well....... even the big ones nod.gif
    I must say I do like wasps, they remind me of soldiers, their eyes real intrigue me, the way they seem to wrap around their heads, those jaws aint they just something else clap.gifclap.gif nice find :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    excellent shots- looks like it's taking a course in rock climbing.
    Agree with Skippy a set of ext tubes are very useful.
    Brian V.
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    Thanks for the comments Skippy & Brian :D

Normally I wouldn't go anywhere near a wasp but in this case it was so cold it couldn't fly. I've never been stung but my husband was once (on the lip!) and it made the whole side of his face swell up!

I made a trip to the Butterfly Pavillion yesterday and again I was wishing for extension tubes. :cry I came out with some decent shots that I'll probably post later today. :D