Options

how come I can't order larger prints?

PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited February 12, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
In my custom pro pricing, I've made photos up to 8x12 available. Then tonight a got an e-mail from a customer asking why they can't get anything bigger than 4x6. So I checked it myself, and sure enough... all I can get is 4x6 and wallets. What's up with that?

My only thought is that since the images I uploaded were resized to fit inside an 800x800 box, maybe Smugmug says you just can't print larger from that file. But I thought the whole point with order delays was so I can retouch and upload the full size image AFTER someone's actually placed an order.

Am I missing something here?

thanks,
Peter

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    PeterLyons wrote:
    In my custom pro pricing, I've made photos up to 8x12 available. Then tonight a got an e-mail from a customer asking why they can't get anything bigger than 4x6. So I checked it myself, and sure enough... all I can get is 4x6 and wallets. What's up with that?

My only thought is that since the images I uploaded were resized to fit inside an 800x800 box, maybe Smugmug says you just can't print larger from that file. But I thought the whole point with order delays was so I can retouch and upload the full size image AFTER someone's actually placed an order.

Am I missing something here?

thanks,
    Peter
    Hi Peter wave.gif

You can't order larger images, because the resolution of the images is too low. You can only order them, if they meet our minimum resolution requirements.

You still need to upload the images in high resolution, even though you may have set proof delay, I'm sorry. See also the first gotcha on the help page on proof delay.

See also the proof delayed shipping thread for some more info and tips thumb.gif

Let us know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    Hinky. Okay... thanks very much!
    Peter