Options

FS: Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di (Canon mount) w/ 2 filters

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
edited March 5, 2007 in House of Canon
I have for sale a Canon-mount Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di. The lens has been on my camera about 90% of the time, and it has served me extremely well. The lens has been well taken care of with occasional bulb-blower and dry microfiber cloth cleanings. There's a little wear on the finish of the zoom and aperture rings from use. Most of the photos in this gallery were taken with this lens.

I am including two filters with the lens (67mm diameter) - a Tiffen UV/Haze filter and a Quantarray circular polarizer. The UV/Haze filter has been on the lens throughout its life, and the CP saw occasional use.

This would be my first DGrin sale. I have a good eBay rating, and I'm an active member of the Customization and Hacks forums as the creator of two themes and AlbumFetcher. In other words, I hope to keep my good name. :D

I'm asking $300 for the lens, hood, caps, and filters. I still have the original box. Photos are below, and here's a link to the full gallery. Feel free to PM me with any questions (or email me at gawellman -AT- gmail -DOT- com). Shipping and payment terms are below. Thanks for your interest!

Terms:
  • Shipping is included.
  • If purchased via PayPal, please add $10. Lens will ship immediately.
  • Personal checks are fine, but I will wait until the check clears to ship the lens.
  • Money orders and certified checks OK, and lens will ship upon receipt.
129168675-M.jpg

129168708-M.jpg

129168740-M.jpg

129168761-M.jpg

129168787-M.jpg

129168814-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited February 18, 2007
    Bumpity bump. Trying to think of other things to say about the lens... It was a great performer for me - its only shortcoming was the fact that it was not a 24-105/4L. :D The lens was factory-calibrated by Tamron (NJ) early in its life, and it focused perfectly with my 20D upon its return.

Again, I'm happy to answer any questions!
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Bump! This is a WONDERFUL lens!!! I love mine!!!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    When it was calibrated, did you have to send in the body too? I'm trying to figure out if the calibration would apply on my 20d and 10d.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2007
    Halliday wrote:
    When it was calibrated, did you have to send in the body too? I'm trying to figure out if the calibration would apply on my 20d and 10d.

No, I only sent in the lens.

I should mention that since this listing was stagnant for quite a while, I ended up listing the lens on eBay, where the auction ends tonight. Sorry if I should have said something here; I figured this was down under the heap, so to speak. When it rains it pours, you know? rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for your interest, anyway.
    -Greg
  • Options
    TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Just to add to the hype, this lens just earned its keep in a big way for me yesterday. I was shooting a benefit concert, and most of my best shots from the day came from this lens - in the environment, it was a better performer than the Canon "L" prime glass I was renting!
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L