Uploder Shut Down

tucotuco Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have had this problem for a while now and I did send in a request to support and told it was an IE7 problem but desperation and frustration has me asking this again here.

At home, when I get to the uploader page and hit universal drop and drag, the IE page closes down. So, I can’t upload pictures. I can upload in my office- IE6. So, is this really and IE7 problem or something else in my computer. I have read around here and have not heard of that problem with IE7.

Thanks for any feedback or help.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    tuco wrote:
    I have had this problem for a while now and I did send in a request to support and told it was an IE7 problem but desperation and frustration has me asking this again here.

At home, when I get to the uploader page and hit universal drop and drag, the IE page closes down. So, I can’t upload pictures. I can upload in my office- IE6. So, is this really and IE7 problem or something else in my computer. I have read around here and have not heard of that problem with IE7.

Thanks for any feedback or help.
    Hi Tuco, welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

The problem is probably related to Java; please visit www.java.com and install the latest version of it. Our uploaders need it to function properly. Let us know if you are still having problems after the installation thumb.gif

PS, please don't change the color of the text if you don't have to, it is very hard to read for us with a dark background. The default color should be readable in all background colors.
  • tucotuco Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2007
    Ivar, thanks. I'll try that tonight.

Sorry about the text color, I typed my post in Word and pasted it in and didn't realize the color until posted.
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Tuco, welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

The problem is probably related to Java; please visit www.java.com and install the latest version of it. Our uploaders need it to function properly. Let us know if you are still having problems after the installation thumb.gif

PS, please don't change the color of the text if you don't have to, it is very hard to read for us with a dark background. The default color should be readable in all background colors.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    tuco wrote:
    Ivar, thanks. I'll try that tonight.

Sorry about the text color, I typed my post in Word and pasted it in and didn't realize the color until posted.
    No worries :D after you install it tonight, let us know if it works, please. thumb.gif
  • tucotuco Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 14, 2007
    Did the trick
    Ivar, thanks- installed new Java version and seems to be fine now. Appreciate the help!
    ivar wrote:
    No worries :D after you install it tonight, let us know if it works, please. thumb.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    tuco wrote:
    Ivar, thanks- installed new Java version and seems to be fine now. Appreciate the help!

One more "trick"-- starexplorer.com. I truly don't know how I lived without this program-- wait, yes I do. I timed out all the time and had to figure out what had uploaded and what hadn't and restart it until it timed out again then figure out what had uploaded, etc, etc. You get the point. Star*explorer solves this and is a great tool for me.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+