Can't copy URL

rsprousersprouse Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited February 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I can't figure it out. I want to insert a link to one of my photos on SmugMug into a post on another forum. So I open the image and select the URL in the address bar of my browser, and hit Ctrl-C to copy. But the URL does not seem to copy to the clipboard. Whan I hit Ctrl-V to paste it, nothing happens.

The same is true if I right-click and select "copy".

This must be a simple dummy thing. What am I doing wrong?

-- Russ

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    rsprouse wrote:
    I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I can't figure it out. I want to insert a link to one of my photos on SmugMug into a post on another forum. So I open the image and select the URL in the address bar of my browser, and hit Ctrl-C to copy. But the URL does not seem to copy to the clipboard. Whan I hit Ctrl-V to paste it, nothing happens.

The same is true if I right-click and select "copy".

This must be a simple dummy thing. What am I doing wrong?

-- Russ

Can you tell us the gallery link, and the browser you are using please?
  • rsprousersprouse Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Can you tell us the gallery link, and the browser you are using please?

Hi Andy:

It's frustrating, because I can't copy the links and paste them here. My SmugMug page is at www.imagesunlimitedsandiego.com and I am using Firefox, but I also tried it with IE6 with no luck.

-- Russ
    edited February 12, 2007
    rsprouse wrote:
    Hi Andy:

It's frustrating, because I can't copy the links and paste them here. My SmugMug page is at www.imagesunlimitedsandiego.com and I am using Firefox, but I also tried it with IE6 with no luck.

-- Russ
    Hi Russ,

Does any of this help:
    http://www.imagesunlimitedsandiego.com/help/copy-url.mg
    try it on this link:
    http://www.imagesunlimitedsandiego.com/photos/128985833-L.jpg

Let us know.
  • rsprousersprouse Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Nope - I don't have a "forums, links, blogs" link. What I don't understand is, even though I can see the URL in the address bar of the browser, and can select it with my mouse, "copy" is disabled, whether I try Ctrl-C or right-click and copy.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    Some things to try
    rsprouse wrote:
    Nope - I don't have a "forums, links, blogs" link. What I don't understand is, even though I can see the URL in the address bar of the browser, and can select it with my mouse, "copy" is disabled, whether I try Ctrl-C or right-click and copy.

This sounds like a pure browser problem and doesn't likely have anything to do with Smugmug.

What I would suggest is to reboot your computer and try again. It is possible that some shift keys are somehow stuck or the browser is just horked somehow. If that doesn't work, then check to see if you have any add-ins running in your browser and disable them. If that doesn't help, then see if you can copy an URL from the address bar for another web-site.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited February 12, 2007
    rsprouse wrote:
    Nope - I don't have a "forums, links, blogs" link.
    When you click "share photo" you get a page that has toggleable links at the top: one for email, one for links, forums blogs...