Options

Lightroom versus Bridge+ACR

TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
edited February 13, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
For anyone that has been working with Lightroom and Bridge (CS3 version) on an Intel Mac, would you mind offering up your opinions on one versus the other? Personally, I like the Lightroom interface a lot and have gotten used to the controls. Bridge is OK too and the CS3 version runs much better now that it's a universal binary.

My final decision point is evaluating how drawn in I am by the sexiness of a new product compared to how useful it really is. All things being equal, I'd rather sink $199 into my 500mm savings plan. :D

What does the community think? Is Lightroom worth the extra spend? Is it a straight up replacement for Bridge+ACR for you?
Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen

Are your purchasing Lightroom? 13 votes

Yes
69% 9 votes
No
30% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    Ok so I am not responding regarding CS3 or the Mac versions of any of the mentioned software, but I have never let things like that stop me from sharing my opinion :D

However, I much prefer Lightroom, because it has DAM capabilities, much like Bridge, but it also includes about 90% of the editting features I use without needing to go into PS. It always infuriates me when I click on a pic in Bridge and it launches PS. The UI is just oddball in Bridge, and intuitive in Lightroom.
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2007
    cmason wrote:
    ...includes about 90% of the editting features I use without needing to go into PS.

This is the big selling point for me too. It's nice to be able to work something up quick that doesn't really need PS.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen