Options

Fotofox with SmugMug

ddragerddrager Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
I just wanted to mention this product since I haven't seen too much about it on these forums. The product is called Fotofox, it is a Firefox extension which allows you to upload pictures to multiple online imaging services, including smugmug. From its site:
What is Fotofox?

Fotofox is an extension for uploading pictures to photo service sites. Many such tools exist for photo sites, but Fotofox aims to go futher by supporting multiple services and providing functionality cross-platform on Windows, Mac and Linux. Mozilla Firefox is the ideal choice for supporting this.
<!-- Download/Install

Fotofox Beta [en, sl]
--> Requirements
  • Firefox 1.5 – 2.
  • Platforms: Windows XP, Mac OS X (PPC/Intel), or Linux(i386).
Services

Fotofox supports the following online photo services: Features
  • Switch between different online photo services
  • Multiple picture upload
  • Drag and Drop from your system file manager
  • Tag pictures, individually or in batches
  • Set picture privacy, individually or in batches
  • Add photos to an album (where supported by the service)
  • Titles and descriptions for individual pictures, or group of pictures<!-- 'or in batches' is overused-->
  • Display of space quota used
  • Upload from the browser sidebar or a separate Fotofox window
I tested it out with Smugmug, and it is pretty easy to use. It does not have many options to customize it, but it would be good for someone who is not great at computers and wants a simple interface to upload their photos with.

Another feature that is neat, is that it allows you to drag/drop pictures you have up on a webpage, and can add that image to a gallery. This is in addition to finding your files via explorer, or dragging and dropping from your desktop.

The Author's site is: http://briks.si/projekti/fotofox/

Direct Link to Addon