Options

Can't log out

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited January 20, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Does anybody know why I can't log out? I've tried logging out and closing all IE windows, but when I type in my website I'm logged in again. I'm thinking IE is storing something that I need to delete.
Richard

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    The only help I can provide in this instance is to switch to Firefox as your browser :D

Have you tried going to the regular homepage and clicking on logout? Or try holding down shift as you hit refresh. That forces a refresh of the page.
    Does anybody know why I can't log out? I've tried logging out and closing all IE windows, but when I type in my website I'm logged in again. I'm thinking IE is storing something that I need to delete.
    Richard
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    delete all cookies and stored passwords....
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    You know, more and more people are telling me to use firefox. I'm reluctant since I chose IE back during the Netscape IE wars. BTW, deleting cookies did it.

Richard
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    That was over 8 years ago :D Lots has changed since then, time to download: http://www.mozilla.org/

You know, more and more people are telling me to use firefox. I'm reluctant since I chose IE back during the Netscape IE wars. BTW, deleting cookies did it.

Richard
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    That was over 8 years ago :D Lots has changed since then, time to download: http://www.mozilla.org/
    Ok, I'm trying it. I can't figure out if it's slower or faster than IE. I feel like I'm selling out though. I used to be such a stark defender of IE against my netscape friends (yes, I was such a geek that in elementary school this is what my friends and I talked about).
    Richard
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    This is not a Netscape product, so rest assured you are not selling out. MS is not releasing a new version of IE until late 2006, maybe 2007. That will make IE 6 over 5 years old by then - almost 100 in internet years!
    Ok, I'm trying it. I can't figure out if it's slower or faster than IE. I feel like I'm selling out though. I used to be such a stark defender of IE against my netscape friends (yes, I was such a geek that in elementary school this is what my friends and I talked about).
    Richard
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    This is not a Netscape product, so rest assured you are not selling out. MS is not releasing a new version of IE until late 2006, maybe 2007. That will make IE 6 over 5 years old by then - almost 100 in internet years!
    It does seem to be faster, or at least, it shows the page as soon as something is loaded. IE seems to just wait for everything to load and then show the page.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    Speed is just the beginning, there are loads of other reasons to use Firefox. I am pretty sure the popup blocker is enabled by default, but if not try looking through the preferences at all the cool things you can set.
    It does seem to be faster, or at least, it shows the page as soon as something is loaded. IE seems to just wait for everything to load and then show the page.
    Richard
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Speed is just the beginning, there are loads of other reasons to use Firefox. I am pretty sure the popup blocker is enabled by default, but if not try looking through the preferences at all the cool things you can set.

Tabbed browsing is also a great feature, once you use it you won't be able to go back. There are also a lot of third party extensions you can add to it to enable additional features, find some of them here.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Firefox is a good browser. But I use IE, Netscape, Firefox, and Opera. So choose one. However it doesn't matter which one you use. As long as you have cookies saved with any browser this site and many others will leave a cookie on your computer automatically so that everytime you go back you are automatically logged in.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    Well, i just set firefox to be my default browser. I don't get the point of the tabbed windows thing though. What's wrong with regular windows?
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Well, i just set firefox to be my default browser. I don't get the point of the tabbed windows thing though. What's wrong with regular windows?

Someone like me uses at least 100 open webpages at once. (Honestly, that's a low water mark). Now, I can have just 5 browsers open, each with 20 tabs. Much much nicer.

But best of all, middle-clicking your mouse button opens new tabs for you. So you can go to your favorite news site, say, Slashdot, and scroll down the page. Every news story you'd like to read, just middle click your mouse on the link, and continue scrolling. When you finish reading their frontpage, you'll have all your interesting news articles ready and waiting to be read in the tabs on your browser. No more back-and-forth.

Yummy.

Don
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Does FF work with the online banking?
    Banks are VERY rigid about what browser being used.
    I tried MyIE2, but my bank would not let me in, even though it was only an IE clone..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I tried MyIE2, but my bank would not let me in, even though it was only an IE clone..
    I use Firefox with BankAmerica, Citizens Bank, and US Aliance Credit Union.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

Works fine with all the banks I've tried.

Don
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    Firefox won't work with BB and T online banking.
    Richard