gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited January 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Windsor Walks

14481957-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Wow great shots! The first one is a little dark, would it be possible to lighten up the road a little?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Yes, and it is that same wonderful sky in the first one. Good choice. However I agree with Judy that it would help to lighten that photo. My monitor is turned pretty bright, and I didn't see the person until I examined it closely after reading Judy's comment.

Lovely country.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    clap.gif EXCELLENT photos!! clap.gif I disagree about the first one. I think that it looks great just the way it is. Maybe our monitors are different...? I like that you made the golden sky the central image flanked by the lavender skies.

Wow, I really love that first image!! Great job! thumb.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited January 19, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Windor Walks

14481957-M.jpg

Very nice Gubbs. Nice use of color.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Gubbs,

I find each of the three photos very beautiful on its own!
    But (there's always a 'but', isn't there?), I don't feel they connect together - different subjects, different settings, different lighting, ... for me they just don't have anything in common and don't look right displayed together.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    RelocinRelocin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I agree with Nir. They are all beautiful photos but they don't seem to match. The first and third one I think would be okay because they both have a purple-ish hue. But then the oranges and golds in the center seem out of place.
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I think they match... they've all got trees and grass! I wonder what the middle one would look like if you photoshop it to get a similar hue to the first and third ones. Great pictures. I especially like the first one - it feels damp and chilly.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Thanks for all the input everyone, the first 2 are either side of the same pathway taken about 10mtrs apart. The first at dawn the second at dusk, The third is at dawn but the otherside of Windsor Castle so there is a link, but maybe not strong enough. I've got s a shot in mind for the the 3rd which may tie them together ne_nau.gif