Pollen grains

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited February 15, 2007 in Holy Macro
I've been working on an improved version of a focussing rail with far better precision than before. Also trying to get CombineZM stacking software to work consistently. Many of my results aren't that great, but once in a while (and I don't know why :D ) I get a decent result.

Here's a shot of a stamen from some funky yellow flower (me no botanist), shot with a Canon A520 (and a 9mm telescope eyepiece) in aperture priority (f/8) and under fluorescent light, processed with CombineZM in a nine-frame stack:
Steve-o

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Forehead wrote:
    I've been working on an improved version of a focussing rail with far better precision than before. Also trying to get CombineZM stacking software to work consistently. Many of my results aren't that great, but once in a while (and I don't know why :D ) I get a decent result.

Here's a shot of a stamen from some funky yellow flower (me no botanist), shot with a Canon A520 (and a 9mm telescope eyepiece) in aperture priority (f/8) and under fluorescent light, processed with CombineZM in a nine-frame stack:

Excellent shot- sounds like an interesting setup you have.
    The focus stack worked well :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Forehead wrote:

Ahhhhhhh looks like little fishies eggs :D you can clearly see the individual heads......you did good mate, real good clap.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin