Options

trying the challenge

JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited January 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is my first time trying a photo challenge so I suppose I will learn as I enter more of these.

How do you think I did? 9 votes

I wouldn't know how to use a camera if it bit me on the...well, you know.
0% 0 votes
I almost have the hang of it, now if I could just stop cutting peoples heads out of the picture...
11% 1 vote
plain Jane average
55% 5 votes
semi professional, nice to look at but still could use a little tweaking
22% 2 votes
So incredable that you could see it in a magazine or framed on your living room wall.
11% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Welcome!!!Great start!! You may want to add some spacing between the pictures. At a first glance the last two seem to run into each other.
    Jenny wrote:
    This is my first time trying a photo challenge so I suppose I will learn as I enter more of these.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    wave.gif Hi Jenny. Playing in Challenges is stimulating, isn't it?

I like your idea. It's hard to go wrong with baby feet. I do find your image a little confusing, visually, not sure where to look first, no single box seems to really dominate. I also find the thumb crossover between the second and third boxes to be distracting, not sure if that's delieberate or not. You've made a great start, maybe play with it a little?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    RelocinRelocin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I agree with judyfuess. Try adding a bit more space between the photos.
  • Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Like the others have said, more spacing between the photos would do a great thing to those pictures. I love the pictures though. Also maybe having a background to the pictures, probably the grey that surrounds the middle picture. I think it would look alot better once a few changes are made.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Maybe it is worth trying a vertical arrangement.. ? headscratch.gif

Roger
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    Hi Jenny.. big welcomewave.gif lovely little feet... kiss kiss.. I agree with Wxwx and the others that space between would isolate each shot and bring more focus..
    Nice to have to with us.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Relocin wrote:
    I agree with judyfuess. Try adding a bit more space between the photos.
    Hey Relocin! did I say hi to you??? if not HI wave.gif I'm getting a bit senile in my old age AND repetative.. so I may come back at you again tomorrow with another hi!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Thanks for all the input! I decided to try a different set of pictures all together, let me know what you think.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    I think I'm going to add a border to seperate it from the rest of the page
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    ok, here it is with the border....
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Hi Jenny,
    I like this set a lot better! I love the expressions, Great Job thumb.gif . The top two pictures look like they are overlapping, you may want to try to spread them out a little.
    -judy
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Thanks for the input Judy, here it is with the top two spread out a bit more.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Hi Jenny,
    I still see the overlap headscratch.gif . I marked up a copy, i hope you don't mind.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    Thanks Judy,now that I'm on a different computer I see what you mean....my monitor is really old and very dark in the resolution so I had no idea it was that bad.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2005
    no problem :D These are great shots!!

Jenny wrote:
    Thanks Judy,now that I'm on a different computer I see what you mean....my monitor is really old and very dark in the resolution so I had no idea it was that bad.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2005
    ok, I think this is finally it.clap.gif Now that I've switched my monitor and actually have a decent resolution I think it's finally fixed. Let me know.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    ok, I think this is finally it.clap.gif Now that I've switched my monitor and actually have a decent resolution I think it's finally fixed. Let me know.
    Beautiful baby!

My suggestion would be to place the top photo on the bottom, middle becomes top and bottom the middle. I am thinking that the smiling photo is the feature photo and therefore in the middle would be great. I would move the other two to have the baby looking into the center photo.
    Can't say for sure it would be better, but that is what my instinct says.

Its really nice - something to fram and keep for sure.

ann
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2005
    It looks a lot better! Great job! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Jenny wrote:
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Beautiful baby!

My suggestion would be to place the top photo on the bottom, middle becomes top and bottom the middle. I am thinking that the smiling photo is the feature photo and therefore in the middle would be great. I would move the other two to have the baby looking into the center photo.
    Can't say for sure it would be better, but that is what my instinct says.

Its really nice - something to fram and keep for sure.

ann
    Thank you for your insight. I have thought about switching the pictures, maybe I will just for kicks and giggles and see how it looks. I like how it is now b/c it is a progression of her smile, and reaction to me. However, I really like the idea of the smile in the middle because artistically it is the eye grabber. hmmmm.......... this is one to ponderheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif