sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited February 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
(a.k.a. jumping)

Comments/critiques welcome. Cheers, Sunita

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    This is a really good idea, Sunita!! A twofer must have been hard to get. Although I like the fact that you have two women in the picture, for me I think that this photograph would work better with only one jumper with her entire body in the frame. In this case, because the midsection shows and she has her legs bent as she jumps, the motion is conveyed best by the young woman on the right. For me, the glare on her glassesis a bit distracting.

I hope this helps.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2007
    Thanks, Virginia. I was insired by the photography of Philippe Halsman - am a huge fan of his work.

You're right - I too wanted the entire body in the frame, but between a low (and busy ceiling) and poor available lighting (hence the flash), this was one of the better shots. I'll try a better location and see if I can improve on this.

Cheers, Sunita
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Hi Sunita!

I love your entry. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    Thanks, Virginia. I was insired by the photography of Philippe Halsman - am a huge fan of his work.

You're right - I too wanted the entire body in the frame, but between a low (and busy ceiling) and poor available lighting (hence the flash), this was one of the better shots. I'll try a better location and see if I can improve on this.

Cheers, Sunita

I really like it but a couple of suggestions, the glare in the glasses is distracting. Try shooting it vertically to get the whole body in the shot. Also, more light, especially on the face of the woman on the left would be good. I feel like she is too much in the shadow. I love the energy I am feeling from it though, especially the woman on the right, I think because I can see her feet.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2007
    Thanks Virginia! :)

Kristina, thanks for your feedback and suggestions - I finally uploaded a different (same concept, though) image for the challenge (it's in the entry thread).

Cheers, Sunita